Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys with the stanton deck, how are you connecting them, I was thinking of selling my vci 400 for 2 of them but dont under stand the firemire part. Can u use a usb adaptor? What type of firewire port is needed? I have a really small 1394 on my laptop will that work? Dont mean to hijack but i wanted these ever since they first debuted.

Mensajes Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:24 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Hey guys with the stanton deck, how are you connecting them, I was thinking of selling my vci 400 for 2 of them but dont under stand the firemire part. Can u use a usb adaptor? What type of firewire port is needed? I have a really small 1394 on my laptop will that work? Dont mean to hijack but i wanted these ever since they first debuted.

hi, firewire to usb is not suitable for the scs to work properly, small firewire port is ok(tried it on my laptop), i'm using it on windows and it works fine, i only needed to revert the firewire driver to legacy mode, because the default driver installed by windows caused detection problems, after that it's working fine.
Sal

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 8:30 am
yes djmicron, good news!new build works perfect! but the catch is VDJ7 crap digital sound!
I also use 1 sec on motorwheellocktime,I had 0.5,and 0.1, but I really can't tell the diference,if decks are playing,there is no drift,and between stopped decks,sometimes there is a little drift,but is very rare,and I really tested like crazy! I also had to set motorwheelinstantplay to no,like in VDJ7, to set play while holding the vinyl. previous builds in VDJ8 is set to yes.
these are my settings:
motorwheel 75
motorwheellocktime 0.1>1
rampscratchtime 0.1
jogsensivityscratch 1225
jogsensivityCue 1.15
jossensivityBend 0.1
scratchfilterquality 32
pitchquality 2

Djratedxxx919: the scs1d deck and scs1m mixer are firewire 1394.

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Strange because both of my SCS.1d units play at the wrong speed. Two tracks - one on SCS.1d, one internal. Hit sync, BPMs and grid align, 3 minutes later the SCS.1d has managed to move a full beat ahead of the reference track playing internally.

Do you guys not get this issue?

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:57 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
yes djmicron, good news!new build works perfect! but the catch is VDJ7 crap digital sound!
I also use 1 sec on motorwheellocktime,I had 0.5,and 0.1, but I really can't tell the diference,if decks are playing,there is no drift,and between stopped decks,sometimes there is a little drift,but is very rare,and I really tested like crazy! I also had to set motorwheelinstantplay to no,like in VDJ7, to set play while holding the vinyl. previous builds in VDJ8 is set to yes.
these are my settings:
motorwheel 75
motorwheellocktime 0.1>1
rampscratchtime 0.1
jogsensivityscratch 1225
jogsensivityCue 1.15
jossensivityBend 0.1
scratchfilterquality 32
pitchquality 2

Djratedxxx919: the scs1d deck and scs1m mixer are firewire 1394.

yes, the instant play must be disabled and also the scratch sound especially on fast movements is a little bit artifacted, but not too much bad.
I'm seeing this vdj7 algo option as a temporary workaround to allow the developers fix the bug for the dj decks algo, at least now it works...

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 7:29 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Strange because both of my SCS.1d units play at the wrong speed. Two tracks - one on SCS.1d, one internal. Hit sync, BPMs and grid align, 3 minutes later the SCS.1d has managed to move a full beat ahead of the reference track playing internally.

hi, i usually don't use the sync functionality and have only checked if the scs keeps the pitch by switching back and forth between vinyl and cd mode and now it doesn't have the previous bug where the pitch of the audio changes randomly.
I tried to play the same tune, one on local deck and one on the scs with vinyl mode activated, same pitch on both decks, had to slightly touch the scs platter to slow down it a bit, as i do when using turntables, this make sense to me, as the scs in vinyl mode acts as an analog turntable and the motor wheel is the master, so it cannot be perfect as a digital source, but if i play the same tune on 2 scs 1d, then it keeps the sync for 3 minutes, because both have the same speed fluctuation.
So you can switch to cd mode when you need to mix in the digital realm without speed fluctuations and switch to vinyl when you want to scratch and with this latest update switching on the fly is safe.

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 8:03 pm
djmicron: yes,not that bad,but has you said,in quicker scratches,like boomerangs,tears,delayed flares its audible... looking forward to that merge djdecks+vdj7 algo...

SBDJ: try the calibration workaround I have descrived in page 2 of this topic

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 3:49 am
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
thanks for sharing your findings djmicron, the pitch problems dont happen in Traktor Pro or Mixxx,so its probably a VDJ issue like you said
"So for the moment it seems that the vdj is not controlling the speed rotation of the scs 1.d in the right way."

I only own one scs1d deck and the scs1m mixer,my macbook (2008 black edition DualCore 2.2ghz/4gb) only has one firewire port,and no pcm/cia port for the firewire board...

about the decks not having same speeds, I remember when I first tried VDJ7, I noticed that the tracks controlled by the SCS1d deck were a bit playing faster with vynil on,platter rotating, and found that if running TraktorPro2+daRouter playing a track,set Tempo Range to 50%, move Tempo Fader to -50% BPM, quit Traktor, open VDJ7 the tracks would play very slow on 0%BPM ,platter still rotating on -50%BPM ,so to reset this was to quit VDJ7, open daRouter,this auto-resets the Pitch Fader to 0, quit daRouter,and open VDJ7 to check rotations ok,
if this doesn't help, decks still off-sync,one faster then other, try another thing, I had to do this too: (try this with one deck a time) open VDJ7, clone a deck and check if they play in sync with vynil on,if they dont try and sync them with the pitch/tempo fader,I think my deck was +1.3%BPM "off sync",so quit VDJ7,open daRouter and Traktor,load a track and set the pitch/tempo fader to -1.3%BPM, open VDJ7,clone a deck and check if the deck stays in sync, try it with one deck a time to check the drifts of each deck,give me a feedback about it.
Best Regards

also check this
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/182058/Hardware_Technical_Support/Stanton_SCS_1D_platter_is_turning_a_bit_slow.html

I message this "workaround" to some scs1d users,they thanked and said they were going to try it, but no one gave a feedback...

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 3:52 am
new 1944.784 version, vdj algo disappeared and it seems to be good with the platter and the pitch and scratching engine is vdj 8.....

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:31 pm
SBDJ wrote :

This is exactly whats happening with my Denon 5500's!! Makes them almost unusable in midi mode............

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 4:56 pm
djmicron wrote :
new 1944.784 version, vdj algo disappeared and it seems to be good with the platter and the pitch and scratching engine is vdj 8.....

no more pitch up when switching decks,but only between playing decks, if one of the decks is stopped there is a speed up drift,or if I turn vynil on/off (clone decks to check this);
still issues when platter is held still,track jumps forward/back (not much), "scribbles" or "jitters"
thank you

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:35 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
djmicron wrote :

no more pitch up when switching decks,but only between playing decks, if one of the decks is stopped there is a speed up drift,or if I turn vynil on/off (clone decks to check this);
still issues when platter is held still,track jumps forward/back (not much), "scribbles" or "jitters"
thank you

hi it doesn't happen here(windows 7), maybe it's only on mac this time.....

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 6:17 am
it doesnt happen much,its random,its like 1,2,or 3 spikes, like in the previous builds,but in very small amount, that also happens in VDJ7, and in 1932 using vdj7 algorithm,I was looking forward to got that finally fixed with the merge.
unfortunately that didnt happened,maybe it needs more calibration for mac users,
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 5:54 pm
new build 1946: problems when platter is held still, track sometimes jumps(like 1/8 of a beat), static noise, if I scratch a slow drag,I get much static noise,not good...
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 6:01 pm
there are several new updates in a row, the most improvements are on timecode, here is great with the scs too....

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:36 am
just tried the new build,it seems better, maybe it was a wifi on problem,or latency, anyway I changed my latency to 512,had it at 128, no more static noise when scratching, but still jumpy when platter is held still, for ex: if I hold the vinyl in the middle of a vocal sample and then slowly drag back and forth,its like the track wants to play,but I'm still holding the vinyl,so it "jitters" for a milisecond, sometimes 2 or 3 "spikes", but it always stays in the cue point. I think these "jitter spikes" and latency created that static noise...
so I think it still needs a bit more calibration,maybe only for the mac version.
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 2:02 pm
asthedj wrote :
There is A buzzing Sound when Scratching very very very Slow and when you hear it you can hear it then when your scratching fast.
OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM & a Rmx II the setting in audio and playing with the EQ didn't help,VDJ-7 dont do that it has a cleaner sound or like a TT.

Mensajes Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 3:50 pm

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 6:31 pm
after raising latency from 128 to 512,I still have static spikes,but in very small amounts,its more noticable if I play only the track I am scratching...
djdad wrote that it will be fixed in future builds,
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 4:08 am
I have found a bug on the vdj8 scs1d mapping, the knob for the loop size doesn't work properly, I can make loop size increase/double but not to decrease/half, the script code is this :
loop ? param_greater 0 ? loop_move +10ms : loop_move -10ms : param_smaller 50% ? loop_half : loop_double
it's the same script has in vdj7,but it doesn't half loop,it only doubles it....if I remove all code and leave just "loop_half : loop_double" it works fine but then I can't move the active loop (I can workaround, using the loop pads)

I also have been trying to personalize the mapping on the sc1m mixer, I managed to make the knobs for fine pitching(cant make them to only pitchbend!!) the knob leds show deck rotations,and off or blinkin when track isn't loaded or playing(cool!) pressing the knobs triggers play, and press and hold the knob triggers sync, but I think the script language its not the same has in vdj7, I cant access the vdj8 script language,I'm not credited to view thta page, but since I am a script geek, maybe I will open a topic for the scs1m mapping asking for help from scripters, I wanted to build a mapping for the scs1m mixer similar to the mapping for traktor 2,it is very good:
http://www.stanton-dj.de/fileadmin/_stanton/produkte/controller/scs1m/SCS1_Traktor_Pro_Docu_E.pdf
we can control 4 decks for deck actions(play,cue,sync,pitch,pitchbend) , looping (loop size,loopmove,loopjump), FXs , it would be great to do that in vdj8. imo the default mapping for vdj7/8 its very poor...

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 9:38 am
47%