Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 5

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

new build 1960: still static noise when dragging/scratching slow...
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 1:12 pm
did a long test today +3 hours mixing and scratching ;macbook dual2.2 4gb 10.7, stanton scs1m+scs1d; and found these problems: the previously reported static, when dragging/scratching slow,sometimes a drag scratch sounds really awfull and digital, and some stutter when platter is held still, sometimes when analyzing a track, cpu gets very high(red), causing some audio drops, static sound, pops, also sounds pops/distorts when switching between FXs,sometimes the BPM tap does not work correctly, 128bpm tapping the bpm I got 117 or less, sometimes re-analyzing the track solves the problem,or I can just use my ears and pitch fader and sync it myself...the pitchbend on the platter its very good,It feels like a real turntable,tempo range on +6% its very accurate, I am really enjoying VDJ8, even mixing "on the fly",analyzing a lot of tracks, heavy scratching, pitching,I think vdj8 handles it pretty good! looking forward for more FXs and more stanton scs1d+scs1m support.
thank you

Mensajes Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 5:37 pm
I noticed that sometimes after pressing play (platter rotation on) the track has pitch up "bug", to avoid that just set the StartRamp to 0.2, I also have set StopRamp 0.4 to simulate the turntable analog stop.
I also messed around with the SCS1d deck mapping change the "effect knob" and "loop knob" the button bellow them acts has shift(+hold) to toggle between effect knob and effect select and the loop knob for loop size and loop move.I think it more intuitive this way.
sharing the mapping files here
http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Jg1yWLWiyVPp6PZQBEbEuA
I also modded the SCS1m mapping the encoder knobs control the deck actions: play; press and hold sync,while turning them picthbends/nudges ; I am working on a mapping to have the full controls for decks,loops,and fxs; using the preset buttons above the browse jog; but its really hard to script the mappings.... HELP!

Mensajes Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 10:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The mapping files of SCS1d and SCS1m will be updated soon. files are already prepared, just need a couple of days to finish the manuals.

Mensajes Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:06 pm
djdad wrote :
The mapping files of SCS1d and SCS1m will be updated soon. files are already prepared, just need a couple of days to finish the manuals.

Thanks very much.

Mensajes Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:26 pm
djdad wrote :

great news! I tought that was the final mapping,so I started costumizing them. will the SCS1m mapp be like the traktor mapping?4 decks with deck actions,loops,fxs??
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 2:08 am
new build 1970: still static when scratching slow/dragging, very high CPU on startup causing distortion, cracks...
djdad wrote :

mapping was not updated,maybe on next build...
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 1:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Mappings are updated separetly - in settings you get the build XXXX.YYY - well the controller info version is the last 3 digits YYY. This autoupdates without notification.

Mensajes Sun 21 Sep 14 @ 8:03 pm
Mapping files of both SCS1d and SCS1m have been updated. Updates are available in builds ending at .809 (or higher)
To get the latest controllers version (the last 3 digits of the software build), simply launch version 8, let it run for a few minutes (depending on your Internet connection speed) and then re-launch. Verify the build number from the Config window

PDf manuals
SCS1m : http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Stanton%20SCS1m%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf
SCS1d : http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Stanton%20SCS1d%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

Mensajes Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 2:21 pm
hi, any chances to implement the reverse playback while the vinyl mode is enabled?

Thank you

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 10:10 am
the SCS1 have lot of buttons with no silkscreen labels, so there cant be a right or wrong way to map those devices.
You can still assign any button you wish of course as .. dump while_pressed or reverse

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:17 am
djdad wrote :
the SCS1 have lot of buttons with no silkscreen labels, so there cant be a right or wrong way to map those devices.
You can still assign any button you wish of course as .. dump while_pressed or reverse

hi, i tried that, but if the vinyl mode is active and the motor is running, it doesn't work.

Thank you

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:04 pm
i have the feeling that the unit doesnt offer the possibility to move the platter backwards. Have you noticed if this is possible with any other dj software ?

If not, then the only way i can think of is to disable vinyl_mode as long as the dump/reverse is active

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:11 pm
djdad wrote :
i have the feeling that the unit doesnt offer the possibility to move the platter backwards. Have you noticed if this is possible with any other dj software ?

If not, then the only way i can think of is to disable vinyl_mode as long as the dump/reverse is active

yes, with mixxx it works and the motor run backwards, also in mixxx the motor speed is in sync with the pitch slider.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:34 pm
For the speed (depending on the tempo), even though its just a cosmetic feature, it may be added in the near future.
I ll take a look for the back spin, but possibly its related to the first one.

Btw, mixx uses DaRouter ?

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:38 pm
djdad wrote :
For the speed (depending on the tempo), even though its just a cosmetic feature, it may be added in the near future.

Thank you for your efforts, mixxx is the only other software supporting the scs 1d/1m natively.

Mensajes Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 3:12 pm
As I read through this thread a lot of the problems are the same with my Denon 5500's.

Would it be safe to assume that once these are fixed and working properly my Denon's will also work or am I way off base??

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 8:20 am
djdad wrote :
Mapping files of both SCS1d and SCS1m have been updated. Updates are available in builds ending at .809 (or higher)
To get the latest controllers version (the last 3 digits of the software build), simply launch version 8, let it run for a few minutes (depending on your Internet connection speed) and then re-launch. Verify the build number from the Config window

PDf manuals
SCS1m : http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Stanton%20SCS1m%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf
SCS1d : http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Stanton%20SCS1d%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

great news!! will test it as soon as I get of work! is the mapping on the scs1m mixer similar to traktor??with deck actions,loops and fxs??
thank you!

edit: after reading the pdfs I see that Atomix Support still left the "Preset" buttons to map,so I think there is no mapping similar to Traktor :(
I see that with control/browse buttons and jogwheel I can control decks...good! also the scs1d mapping looks better, will test it later...

djdad wrote :

this would be great!
looking forward
thank you

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 8:58 am
just tried the new mappings on build 1970.809! and the static is much better!! looks like it was like a compatibility issue!! I am sure the response on the SCS1d platter and the SCS1m crossfader is better!thank you Atomix!
great work on the mappings,not what I was expecting, but great job,congratulations to the mapping engineer! the VU Meters on the SCS1m finally work perfect! they never "refreshed", not even on VDJ7, and the crossfader and volume sliders cutted the VU meters LEDS; great job on the control/browse buttons & jogwheel selecting between the 4 decks; great for me since I only own one deck,this way I can control 2 at the same timeI already edited the jog to "nudge +1ms : -1ms" instead of scroll; scripting is not easy, I must confess I just copy & paste here & there and things get done! :D will still work on a future mapping for deck actions,loopin and FXs/MasterFX....
the SCS1d deck mapping is also very good! the stutter when platter is held still still happens BUT in very very little amount, almost un-noticable. still high CPU on startup and when analyzing several tracks (cant blame!this also happens in TP2,maybe worse),
but high CPU distorts sound: scratching, a slow scratch/drag sounds/moves like a tear scratch. here is a video about this ...
https://www.sendspace.com/file/j9ju04
version build 1845 didn't had any sound issues when CPU was on Red while analyzing tracks....
the Loop knob works great,better than what i tried to do! very cool the loop size on the knobs LEDs, the Effect knobs(select fx/amount) also work better and make more sense this way! all in all very good job!
thank you very much Atomix Support!
at the moment I am a very Happy Costumer.

I just wanted to make a request, the EQ knobs and PAN knobs(filter) have a very short curve,the knob in the 9 o'clock position is already at full kill, is it possible to adjust that curve? like the CrossFader curve?

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 12:58 pm
Hello, I been editing the new scs1m mapper ,and came up to this: the 4 preset buttons switch the super knobs actions: encoder and push/push&hold buttons; colors and text
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9lgoii
preset 1 deck actions (HELP!needs more work) : press knob = play ; press&hold= sync ; endless encoder=pitchbend/nudge ; knob leds (rotating) ; leds: deck unloaded=off / loaded : blink / text: "play" Led Orange * "TEXT_ENC_1234"

preset 2 loops (HELP!needs more work) : press knob=loop in;press&hold=toggle loop_size or loop_move ; endless encoder= loop half/double or loop move back/forward ; knob leds (need work) ; led Green/Red=loop on / off ; text:loop (cant get to loop %loop and "loop move") I think the vdj8+scs1m needs a command/MIDI In for "TEXT_ENC_1234" **

preset 3 deck effects (finished by default) + locodog "Post Fader FX" for decks 1 & 2(switch echo fx decks 1or2)

preset 4 Master effect, this is not done yet, I need help from Support or any scripter (locodog!!help me out!!!) what are the script verbs for the master effects?? cant find any tried effect master and other stuff,no success... this preset I believe wont be possible, for now, because there would have to be MIDI messages from super knobs 1,2,3,4

the mapper also needs more work on presets 1 and 2,I also mapped the jogwheel to pitchbend/nudge on "control mode" and switched the "select" and "pfl" buttons, mapped the "select deck" to big wide buttons at the bottom of the scs1m and the "pfl" to the small ones.
Enjoy

I just wanted to make a request, the EQ knobs and PAN knobs(filter) have a very short curve,the knob in the 9 o'clock position is already at full kill, is it possible to adjust that curve? like the CrossFader curve?
thank you

Mensajes Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 5:45 pm
58%