Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ Remote v.8 - for iOS and Android - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but how do I get this latest skin with the volume instead of gain? All I can find is stuff for apples. I'm on Android.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:05 pm
As posted above, the links to playlists, history etc. don't work on the Android version.

It's quite a nice app however there is a distinct lack of info against tracks in the browser and you also can't sort in the browser.

Still work in progress really so remote access with Splashtop is better for me as it emulates the entire skin at 1920x1080.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SimplyDiscoDJ wrote :
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but how do I get this latest skin with the volume instead of gain? All I can find is stuff for apples. I'm on Android.

The updated Remote skin (with Volume instead of Gain for the Phone variation) is available here http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80266
Once you pair your device and both your computer and your Android run VirtualDJ, goto REMOTE tab and Choose "Change skin". Find the skin into the Skins/iPhone folder.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 3:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
As posted above, the links to playlists, history etc. don't work on the Android version.

Yes they do, they work just as all the folder browsing in the remote does across all devices. You need to swipe left/right in the browser folder pane to navigate through the folder structure. So select History (or Desktop or any other folder with an arrow on the right) and now on in that folder selection pane swipe right to left and you will drill down. Swipe left to right to navigate back up.

kradcliffe wrote :
It's quite a nice app however there is a distinct lack of info against tracks in the browser and you also can't sort in the browser.

Bear in mind it's a remote control application, not a full browser replacement.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 4:31 pm
blckjck wrote :
Set your phone up as a hotspot and connect to your phones wifi spot.
I have not tested it to see if it allows connection that way. I use a hotspot instead of my phone.

They switched the gain for volume faders in the newest release of the default skin.

I did this on the weekend and it worked for me so thanks for the help. I will have to see how far I can walk away from the computer before it gives out now.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 5:00 pm
Maybe I'm missing something.
First of all, let me say that I've been looking forward to this app for a long time. Thanks for creating one.

I have VDJ8 and just purchased the remote app for my Galaxy Tab (1, I think) running Android 4.2.2.
At first, it just crashed a few times causing my Tab to reboot. Then, I got it to work with the old skin. After I tried installing the new skin, I could scratch on the decks, but none of the buttons worked. Tried to install and download again, but now it won't connect up to VDJ and will sometimes crash my Tab when I go to the Remote sections of my settings.
I tried touching the Settings Icon on the remote app, but it just turns to a black screen.
I'm using my old gig laptop. I'll try on my main laptop, but don't see how that would make a difference.
I looked through this whole thread hoping to find something to help, but I can't figure this one out.

Please help... got a huge gig in two weeks that I would love to use this for. Even if only to start the music before hitting the stage during my sets. LOL

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 5:37 pm
What build of VDJ8 are you using, and what build of the remote is installed?

Touch the settings on the screen should bring up the network config screen (regardless of the VDJ version since it's not connected at this point) and if it doesn't then something is definitely wrong.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 6:22 pm
My VDJ build is 2325.996. I just updated it right before buying the app. I can't get to the setting on the app, the screen just turns black, but I just purchased it from Google Play this afternoon.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 6:55 pm
OK thats very strange. I don't suppose you have any experience with getting a logcat from an android device do you?

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 7:09 pm
Sorry, but I don't have any experience with logcat, but I'll Google it.
This is strange though. I just tried the app on my gig laptop with VDJ build 2305.996. I was asked to install Bonjour. After doing so, it actually worked... until i tried to view the music collection. The Tab screen went black. Everything seem to work except I can't see the music collection. I can tap around on the blank Music Folders screen and VDJ reacts (even did a search), but I can't see what I'm tapping on.
I can deal with that for now, but it it'd be nice to see the app in it's full glory.

Just to let you know... I likey! Thanks for helping. I love VDJ's community. You guys have pulled me through a lot of my own ignorance.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 8:02 pm
Interesting - the config screen and browser are actually of a similar construct; perhaps there is something not compatible there that we are not yet aware of. A logcat would definitely help but it's not the easiest thing - you need a copy of adb (from the android SDK), enable developer mode on the android device and then connect via USB. The command 'adb logcat' on your computer then gives you lots of debug logging :)

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 8:17 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Super slick!! It is like my birthday or something! :) I haven't come across anything I don't like yet. I'm on Samsung Note 4.

THANK you!
Chris

Mensajes Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 10:22 pm
SBDJ - I tried today with an old Galaxy S3 I had around and it works perfectly. The tablet is a Galaxy Tab 3 lite. There must be an issue with that model. Heck... I'm having a blast here in my house with this. I'm actually more versatile on the phone than with my N4 controller. I'm actually looking forward to using the app in the club as well as at that gig I was wanting it for. Once again, KUDOS! And you're the best. Thanks.
Maybe I'll check into the tablet deal again later. I use it to control my lightshow anyway, so no big deal.

Mensajes Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 2:47 pm
Thanks for the info - if I manage to get my hands on one of them I will investigate. I've tested on a Tab 2 and it worked there.

Mensajes Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 3:30 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
It's only 10 bucks, come on...... That's 1 day without lunch, go to any Wendy's or Burger King and you'll spend that much on lunch.

Stop being cheap....... It's worth it.

not trying to be cheap i spent 300 on the infinity pro 8 just didn't want to spend the money until all the bugs were worked out my phone runs android 2.3.4 but i have a tablet that runs android 4.2 and would love to run it on that

Mensajes Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 12:27 pm
Having all sorts of trouble with the remote skins.

I have had this working and at some point I had the updated version with the volume control instead of the gain. I now have the original with the gain control. I've re-downloaded from the skins addons and still can't get the version with the volume.

Now I'm having problems updating the skin and keep getting the iPad version on my iPhone. As I have a boot camped Mac I've tried from both sides to update the skin, on the Mac it locks up VDJ8 and I have to force quit. On the PC side I get the iPad version and sometimes a message that the skin is corrupt. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Also I've uninstalled it from my iPhone and re-installed from the App Store and still the same.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 8:36 am

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 8:41 am
Just done that and now have the iPad skin in the middle of my iPhone screen.
I deleted the previous one from the iPhone skins folder first, on the PC version BTW.

Could'nt get out of it so tried changing the remote skin again. It closed the app then on opening it again it has gone back to the default skin with a message "skin file corrupt", still with Gain instead of Volume.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 8:54 am
Ok try this -

If you open the App - then open Virtual DJ 8.
Go to options in VDJ 8 and remote.
Disconnect the device using the disconnect button.

You should then see "Waiting for Connection from VirtualDJ" on your iPhone.
Click the settings button under this message.
Then select "Remove Custom Skin".

Then re-connect from within VDJ8

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 9:11 am
Actually - i've just been able to recreate your issue.

For the time being if you Unzip the downloaded skin pack.
Copy and paste the four files which start "skinP" in an new Zip file
Then load that Zip file you should be good.

Have reported issue - guessing its something to do with automatic detection.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 10:10 am
43%