Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Virtual Dj 8 Doesn't work with Numark Mixtrack (usb powered dj controller) - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Every Body,
Am a home dj and I use Numark Mixtrack usb powered dj controller which has no RCA output and builtin sound card. I use it together with Numark DJ IO separate sou d card. It was ok and worked well with virtual dj 7 pro, but when I began using 8 it doesn't work. I would appreciate if anybody helps me to tackle down this.

Thanks in Advance
Dj Eskimazu

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 11:13 am
When I plugged in everything is not working.

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 11:22 am
I mean it will only illuminated but the buttons doesn't work.

Mensajes Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 11:27 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I can tell you that my Mixtrack Pro works with VDJ 8 on my Windows 7 machine.
If you go into the settings menu, does it show up as a controller?
If so, choose the default mapper and see if that works.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 3:06 am
Thanks blckjck,
My controller is not Mixtrack Pro. It is Mixtrack without sound card and RCA outputs. I use separate Numark (DJ I/O) sound card. The controller works well on Virtual dj 7. The problem comes when I started using 8. On controller mapping tap I got only keyboard.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 4:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What build are you on?

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 6:30 am
maybe its something to do with being on the home version.

you only get 10 mins with a controller on home ......

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 6:43 am
Agreed. Here's another clue:
djeskimazu wrote :
It was ok and worked well with virtual dj 7 pro

@djeskimazu to use your controller with VDJ you need to buy a license. For use at home, you could buy a Plus license.

For pro use (playing at paid DJ gigs) you will need a monthly subscription license or an Infinity license.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 6:53 am
@locodog 2013.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 9:53 am
Yeah, don't waste people's time. Update.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 10:29 am
@locodog 2013, I think u didn't got my problem, pls don't rush to conclude. Is it possible to update the hardware? Not at all.
Am not wasting anyone's time. If u think am doing so, pls don't reply. Because there are so many people who are willing to help me.

Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 2:32 am
You're using a beta (not even a public release) that is 7 months old, until you update you're most certainly wasting time, your own for a start.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 3:46 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think here is a misunderstanding.

OPs 2013 is probably the date he bought the controller.
Loco is talking about the VDJ version you are using.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 4:07 am
That makes more sense.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 4:32 am
In order to troubleshoot this (it's not even a bug) we need to use an eliminating procedure.
First of all, disconnect your Numark DJ IO and Mixtrack.
Open VirtualDj, open settings and go on the audio page (click the audio icon on left)
Press these buttons: "SPEAKER ONLY" & "INTERNAL SOUNDCARD"
Press apply.
Load a deck with your mouse and press play. Do you hear sound coming out from your laptop's speakers ?
If yes, close VirtualDj
Connect Mixtrack and start VirtualDj
Use your controller to load a track and play it.
Do you hear sound from your laptop ?
If Yes, close VirtualDj
Connect DJ IO and start VirtualDj
Open config again and click on AUDIO icon.
Press "MASTER+HEADPHONES" button, and then click the "Numark DJIO" button.
Press apply
Try again to play something. Do you hear sound coming out from Numark IO ?

Tell us which step fails.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 5:18 am
@PhantomDeejay THANK U VERY MUCH - I hear a sound coming form my laptop's speakers .
- Here is the problem: my controller doesn't load a track and play (THIS STEP FAILS). All all of the buttons are illuminated but not working on virtual dj 8 but 7 pro.
LET ME DETAIL MY PROBLEM:
My controller is Numark Mixtrack USB Powered without builtin sound card, RCA output (http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack). I use separate Numark DJ I/O (http://www.numark.com/product/djio).
I set on Virtual dj 8 Audio Tap My sound card it works well. But on the Controllers tap I can't find my controller (So do for other controllers as I read). I only see Keyboard. If I have gotten my Controller there It would have worked. But can't.

I read an article on this website by the developers that it is possible to write a script (vdj) which is htm. With this script it is also possible to get my device on the controllers. The script should be placed in my documents/virtual dj/Devices.

DO ANY ONE HAVE THIS SCRIPT. IF SO PLS SHARE........

IF THERE IS ANY TROUBLE SHOOTING METHOD PLS HELP.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.......

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:22 am
The Mixtrack and Mixtrack Pro are natively supported in VDJ8. You do not need to install any mappers or scripts to use them.
Am I understanding you correctly that the internal speakers of your laptop work with VDJ8?
Then when you try the controller, it does not show up, correct?
I do not know if you need to log into VDJ8 to enable the trial version of controller usage. I know there used to be a 10 min. usage with it and then it would disable the controller. I have had a Pro account for a long time, so I am not familliar with how it shows up to a home account.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 2:10 pm
Thank you all. After so many ups and downs it worked. Thank you very much all for your time and help.

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 12:20 am
djeskimazu wrote :
Thank you all. After so many ups and downs it worked. Thank you very much all for your time and help.

What finally made it work?

Mensajes Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 1:50 am
87%