Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 11

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the Swan Flightcase.

The main differences that I can see is the space underneath the DDJ-1000 and the Swan case has a better handle for carrying.

It doesn't mention in the description that there is space under the DDJ-1000 of 45mm or 1 3/4inches, plenty of storage for wires.

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 18 @ 2:48 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
DJSoulman wrote :
I have the Swan Flightcase.

The main differences that I can see is the space underneath the DDJ-1000 and the Swan case has a better handle for carrying.

It doesn't mention in the description that there is space under the DDJ-1000 of 45mm or 1 3/4inches, plenty of storage for wires.

Thank you mate. I thought it was the same despite the handle issue.
I guess I prefer yours :-)

Mensajes Tue 27 Mar 18 @ 3:46 pm

i picked up the Odyssey Black label series case. Now i just need the pioneer 1k to put it in...few more days!

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 12:43 am
Just back from my wedding gig tonight.
Pics a bit too dark.

Mensajes Fri 30 Mar 18 @ 1:24 am
So I have 2 good quality Laptops. 1 x ASUS ROG GL752VW and 1 x ASUS ROG GL702VW . Both boast pretty good Specs.

All drivers and firmware are up to date, including those for the DDJ-1000. When I play tunes in R/box, everything is sweet. Song plays, I add effects, whatever, its fine.
When I play in VDJ (EarlyAccessRelease) the sound is mostly ok...but.. If I add effects on Master, or just move the sliders up and down, I get varying degrees of Crackle.
(If I select the effect on the Channel I'm using is wont crackle) Its like VDJ just cant keep up. (Since it works fine in R/box) I've tried every position in the DDJ-1000 Setting Utility, it can help slightly, but at every stage you will hear a crackle. I updated the Bios on the 702VW, the USB ports are set to NOT turn off, I've tried 3 USB leads. Still the same, VDJ struggles, R/box works. :(
Please, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas??

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 1:53 am
Sounds like the MIDI buffer needs adjusting. I've seen a few posts with this problem and that was the solution.

I don't have this problem using my Mac.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 7:56 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

For those of you having a good experience with VDJ + DDJ-1000, how do you compare the all round performance with rekordbox? And how do you compare the sound quality/master tempo/scratch etc? I'm going to do some proper testing next week, but interested to hear some of your findings and opinions.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 4:36 pm
Played about with rekordbox. Imho it will probably mature in a couple of years and then will be a real contender. But, for now, not matured enough for my liking.

VirtualDJ currently runs rings around it.

Mensajes Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 9:53 pm
Yeah, wont be using R/box. I'm sticking with VDJ. (much better)

Well, besides the fact of the 100 things I've tweaked/changed/adjusted/reset I still get a frikkin crackle in my audio. (Works fine on my DDJ-RX)
I said it before, it just looks like VDJ cant take the extra information going through the USB. (because there's no crackle in R/box)

I guess its time to put in my first ever ticket. :(

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 12:18 am
DjSteveAU wrote :
there's no crackle in R/box

Well Rekordbox doesn't anywhere near the amount of config settings that VDJ has.

Rekordbox only has support for a small number of Pioneer controllers. OTOH Virtual DJ supports hundreds of different controllers, some old, some new.

Rekordbox also only sppourts the latest operating systems, whereas VDJ also supports older ones.

In other words, you should try changing some/all of the config options for audio in VDJ.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 6:46 am
Yeah, I know.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 9:34 am
ok so my DDJ-1000 arrives Tomorrow, so in a nutshell i need:

* Latest EA build for VDJ
* Update firmware for the DDJ-1000
* Driver for the DDJ-1000 from pioneer's site

Am i missing anything else ?

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 8:26 pm
lucas569 wrote :
ok so my DDJ-1000 arrives Tomorrow, so in a nutshell i need:

* Latest EA build for VDJ
* Update firmware for the DDJ-1000
* Driver for the DDJ-1000 from pioneer's site

Am i missing anything else ?

Nothing at all. Just read the tips and guides provided here for better understanding of any concrete aspects and you're done. :-)

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 8:41 pm
I meant as far as getting my laptop ready

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:30 pm

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 10:34 pm

I had my first proper test/gig using the DDJ-1000 with VDJ, it held up fine with no major issues, but there's a few minor things worth mentioning.

FX:

- under FX, the DDJ has a tap button, it's not enabled, I guess this is because VDJs FX are tied to the deck BPM?
- When adjusting a tracks tempo, I notice that the BPM readout on the FX display doesn't update, I'm assuming the effect is still tied to the actual BPM?

Screen:

- I adjusted the screen in RB DJ to show "time remaining", however in VDJ it's showing elapsed.

Sampler:

- I noticed the sampler trigger mode only works in "unmute" mode, this was what I had set, when I tried any of the other options, the sampler pads became unresponsive.

These are the only issues/thoughts I have from last night, overall good job all round but I think it still needs a bit of tinkering.

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 1:20 pm
Have you looked at the VDJ DDJ-1000 manual?

Here

For time remaining checkout the Controller Settings, there's a special PAD Page named "DDJ1K Settings" in the pulldown pad list.

Have fun :-)

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 2:38 pm
DJSoulman wrote :
Have you looked at the VDJ DDJ-1000 manual?

Here

For time remaining checkout the Controller Settings, there's a special PAD Page named "DDJ1K Settings" in the pulldown pad list.

Have fun :-)

Thanks, I didn't know anything about that.

I'm going to test it tonight with another DJ using RB, so hopefully the software will handle the change overs well, has anyone tried this yet?

Mensajes Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 4:49 pm
I'm using the ddj 1000 with VDJ, but is it possible the effects from the pioneer to use as hardware on the ddj1000 with VDJ?
Some effects from the ddj are not working with VDJ.

anyone the aswer?

Mensajes Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 6:33 am
The unit does NOT offer any hardware effects when an application (any application) is connected and running on it's USB port(s)

Mensajes Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 12:08 pm
79%