Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: virtual folders vanishing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys I have just switched to using cue 5 from being a cd jock and I love it, apart from the fact that my some of my virtual folders keep disapeering. It is never the same ones and they never come back.
I currently have sixteen folders set up, no folder has more than forty tracks in it and I am missing at least three. Two of which I can guarentee were there on thursday.
I have read through the instructions and I can find no mentiin of a limit on the number of folders you can have! Jas any one got any ideas as it's starting to wind me up having to recreate the files all the tine.

Any help apreciatedm

Thanks

Rich
Ps apologies for any bad spelings, I am sending this from my phone with a tiny screen. (I'm at a gig)

Mensajes Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 2:40 pm
Rich,

Do you use an external hard drive? Do you ever use VDJ without that hard drive plugged in?

I can't say for certain, but I am sure that the virtual folders are stored within the VDJ5 Database file stored on that drive.

The documentation states that VDJ supports multiple DJ/HDD's which implies that any personal settings will be stored within that database.

I'm sure the professionals will tell me if I am wrong...

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 1:16 pm

Thanks for the message, unfortunatly I don't use any external hards at all. All my tracks are all stored on my desktop. There are about eight thousand of them, however every now and again when I load up the programme and check the number mentioned in browser it is regualy only seven thousandish. I then click on the folders and click add to the search database and then browser shows the correst number once more. I wonder if this is linked to the vanishing folders?

Mensajes Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 3:11 pm
folder question::
can you create monitored folders in pro editon only? or can the (le) wth the controller also create?

Mensajes Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 1:45 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
the database has more than likely been corupted. You should delete the database file and start from scratch. This solved the problem for me.

Mensajes Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 10:57 pm
delete the database as a last resort..
do the 'check', 'fix', 'clean' in config menu > browser.

if that dosent fix the database, then try the re-scan/add, etc, but watch for how virtual dj shuts down.
after closing program, wait a minute or two before re-starting virtualdj or wait before turning off pc.
the database sometimes takes a moment to finish writing at close down..

Mensajes Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 10:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)