Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Karaoke Zip Files ERROR - Explanation and Solution - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

After some internet research, I found the reason for these errors and a fairly quick and easy way to fix them.

The reason some karaoke zip files won't play IS because of the compression method. The zip decoders in most computer DJ programs us zlib, which is the standard zip compression library. However some karaoke zip files have been encoded with the deflate64 format, which is a slightly improved zip format introduced by PKWare. Since PKWare decided to keep their format proprietary, deflate64 is not supported by zlib or any of the standard zip decoders. You will have to fix these files yourself since you're not likely to see and improved decoder because deflate64 is proprietary and the files in this format are not very common because the improvements were minimal and have long since been surpassed by other archiving methods like rar.

As some of you have noticed, if you unzip and rezip one of these files in windows it will play, but the idea of converting every file one by one was way to daunting to even attempt it as I have over 100,000 karaoke files and the number of bad files was in the tens of thousands, but my hate of Sax & Dotty's drove me on until I found a way to batch convert using WinRar.

How To:

Just open WinRar, go to Tools, Convert archives and add the folders you want to convert. Then hit the Compression button, change Archive format to ZIP, leave Compression method on normal and hit OK. Now check the Delete original archives box and hit OK. That's it. WinRar will now convert all of your files into a compatible zip format deleting the old ones as it goes so you don't even need extra hard drive space.

I like VirtualDJ very much. I searched for a solution to this problem just so I could use it for my karaoke shows. It is not the best KJ program out there but it is by far the most stable with the fewest glitches. I only wish someone would make a karaoke hosting plugin that would let you enter the singer's name next to the song in the playlist or sidelist among other things. Then it would be perfect.

Hope this helps solve this problem once and for all.

Mensajes Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 1:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Mensajes Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 6:15 pm
If you say so...that thread seemed to be mostly bitching and shit talking. That thread should have been called "Pirates vs The Inquisition: A chat to the death" yet it was still a sticky at the top of the list and people still seemed confused about the zip files at the end. I finally found a practical solution for those with huge databases with complicated file systems to convert everything with just a few clicks. I just thought this might help some folks. I would of just dropped it at the end of the appropriate thread but it was locked due to a pirate battle. If some moderator wants to do just that they can feel free.

Mensajes Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 11:02 pm
I was having many of the same issues with the zip files and in the end i just ended up using mp3+g tools and converting all my zip files to a mp3+G format and have not had any issues since. Granted it does take up more harddrive space by having all files unzipped but now I do not have any errors in any of the programs I have used or use.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 6:30 pm
I also use VDJ for karaoke shows, and have had the same zipped folders issue. Thanks for the help. Also there is a karaoke plugin that will let you enter singers names, and even display who's singing, and who's up next when appropriate. I'm still learning that one but it looks like it should be very helpful. I believe it comes with the newer versions of VDJ, in the video effects tab. I did have to download some .dll files to make it work, but that wasn't too difficult. Enjoy.

Mensajes Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 4:29 pm
Hi - I am new to VDJ and karaoke fiiles. I was wondering if you could explain what WinRar is - is that a program I have to purchase to fix my zip files? I thought they were all corrupt, but I'm glad to see that's not the case... thanks!

After some internet research, I found the reason for these errors and a fairly quick and easy way to fix them.

The reason some karaoke zip files won't play IS because of the compression method. The zip decoders in most computer DJ programs us zlib, which is the standard zip compression library. However some karaoke zip files have been encoded with the deflate64 format, which is a slightly improved zip format introduced by PKWare. Since PKWare decided to keep their format proprietary, deflate64 is not supported by zlib or any of the standard zip decoders. You will have to fix these files yourself since you're not likely to see and improved decoder because deflate64 is proprietary and the files in this format are not very common because the improvements were minimal and have long since been surpassed by other archiving methods like rar.

As some of you have noticed, if you unzip and rezip one of these files in windows it will play, but the idea of converting every file one by one was way to daunting to even attempt it as I have over 100,000 karaoke files and the number of bad files was in the tens of thousands, but my hate of Sax & Dotty's drove me on until I found a way to batch convert using WinRar.

How To:

Just open WinRar, go to Tools, Convert archives and add the folders you want to convert. Then hit the Compression button, change Archive format to ZIP, leave Compression method on normal and hit OK. Now check the Delete original archives box and hit OK. That's it. WinRar will now convert all of your files into a compatible zip format deleting the old ones as it goes so you don't even need extra hard drive space.

I like VirtualDJ very much. I searched for a solution to this problem just so I could use it for my karaoke shows. It is not the best KJ program out there but it is by far the most stable with the fewest glitches. I only wish someone would make a karaoke hosting plugin that would let you enter the singer's name next to the song in the playlist or sidelist among other things. Then it would be perfect.

Hope this helps solve this problem once and for all.

Mensajes Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 2:11 pm
Sigh, I tried to download the Zip program and get error messages that their support board doesn't answer, so I guess I'm going to have to do it for each one unless you know another program that will rezip them all in the same files and not all into one file? Does Winzip have anything like that?

Mensajes Tue 30 Dec 08 @ 7:33 pm
I had to reload VDJ on my PC, and now I can't get the list for the Karaoke singers to activate. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 3:05 pm
Good luck with your method...... I now have almost a terabyte of karaoke music. To reload them all would mean having 2 terabyte hard drives seeing as you can't decompress that much music without running out of space. Even to do small portions, I am already at 90% hard drive capacity so would take weeks to decompress/repackage all the files.

Also, the writers of VDJ have admitted this is a problem on THEIR side yet we haven't seen an update in over 4 months.

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 7:41 pm
Jellybean I tried you method and got nowhere. Any otherIdeas

Mensajes Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 12:00 pm
I got it to work. It's not quite as easy as thay say but it's good.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 11:51 am
Simple we pay and the developers make virtual dj compatable with those zip files like all the other karaoke packages that work... instead of them being so dam lazy...............

Mensajes Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 6:46 pm
hi all,
Gotta say thanks for the method........ tried it, found it easy to do, and worked like a charm. 10,000 tracks now fully working from within cue.

Thanks again for the info

MongoUK

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 6:21 am
moxtiHome userMember since 2009
selamün aleyküm millet bu skinleri nasıl indiriyoz_????

Mensajes Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 6:15 am
kasamalPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello everyone, I have more of a questions than a problem. I use VDJ for karaoke and some of our customers want or need the pitch to either go up or down, how can I turn it up or down? I'm new to this software so, any help would be appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 12:38 pm
Make sure that your Master Tempo Lock is off.... slide to the pitch you want.... re-enable it and slide it to the center (in order to keep the same tempo and just change pitch).

Mensajes Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 8:33 pm
Well, I did just as you described and I don't pull up a single of my karaoke files. No errors.... just nothing. Do I need to change something with Vdj???

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 3:48 pm
Yes Jammal, start shopping for new software. Atomix/VDJ has pretty much given up on those using their software for karaoke. Or at least has disregarded fixing THEIR issues.

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 7:09 pm
Wow Really?!?! Does anybody have a suggestion?? I was checking out PCDJ (HATE THERE SOFTWARE TO DJ WITH). Anyone try the karaoke stuff??

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 2:29 pm
VDJ is one of the best programs for karaoke. I find it to be one of the most stable, and the fact that it plays zip files cleanly saves me a ton of hd space.

DJ RuDeDoGG

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:48 am
54%