Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: First ever VDJ Failure - but no crash...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been using VDJ for some time now with an original Hercules DJ console and upgraded to a Hercules RMX in the summer - I also took the opportunity at that point to upgrade to the full VDJ rather than using the console version.

In all the time I have been using the software it has never let me down - completely. Yes I have had tracks "skip" but now understand that that is due to latency/DPC.

I DJ each Friday and Saturday in a club and since starting there have not had a problem until this weekend.

Friday night went well, very few skips and the latency was between 600-1100 which for me is normal.

However Saturday was very different. But nothing had changed in between. In fact the laptop was not even used between gigs...

The evening started well and I did my warm up as usual to test mine and the clubs equipment (never trust the cleaners to leave things alone)

During the evening 2 tracks suffered the following:

On hitting play, the track stuttered as if somone was using the jog wheel to perform very fine scratches and the track inched forward very, very slowly. To cure this I found that pressing the "scratch" button on the Rmx - to turn that mode off cured the problem pressing the button again while the track played cause the problem to reoccur.

However later, the problems worsened. 3 & a half hours in to my set and I loaded a track on to deck 1. On trying to queue I noticed the headphone volume on that deck became almost non-existant. I loaded a different track and nothing changed. I tried simply playing the track without cueing or mixing, but there was no volume - cross fader correctly set and the deck volume untouched from previous track...

By this time the track on the other deck had faded out, so I quickly dragged a track on to that deck and pressed play - I was saved!!!

After loading about 4 tracks on to deck 1, the volume returned and I was able to continue...

Then after about another 3 live tracks I loaded a track I had played earlier in my warm up and it failed to load. This time I experienced about 2 minutes of silence (felt like 2 hours), while I tried to load different tracks, some tracks that I know I had played the previous night were failing to load this was happening on both decks!

Eventually one did load and then things settled back down again. However I spent the next hour or so, worrying about whether it would happen again. Luckily it did not.

The interesting thing is that VDJ didn't crash, maybe I could have shut it down and restarted, but I would have lost my playlist...

I'm thinking that maybe these were memory problems and that memory wasn't being released by VDJ and I was slowly running out... Then eventually after trying to load enough tracks, the memory was being released and I could continue.

In summary:

- No crash
- Tracks stuttering as if being scratched
- Loss of volume on deck 1 both headphones & live output
- Tracks failing to load "Error" appearing instead of track name - even on known previously played tracks

Hardware:

- Gateway MT6839b Laptop
- Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5300
- Intel® Centrino® Duo Moblie Technology (1.73GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB)
- 2Gb RAM
- 120Gb HDD
- 500Gb External HDD
- 80k tunes - all MP3
- Hercules Rmx Console

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 5:35 pm
i had the similar problem i posted as well. it was like the tracks gain was turned down to almost nothing but the gain on the screen was at normal level. i also had problems with the tracks not loading up in the view or wanting to play if they aren't loaded. hopfully someone helps one of us out. i will be following your post for sure.

Mensajes Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 6:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)