Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Getting started on VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djryanlHome userMember since 2008
Hey guys,

I'm new to both VDJ, as well as just picking up the HC 4500. I'm coming from using PCDJ FX and just retired my DAC 3. I figured if I was going to learn a new software, I might as well do hardware too!! haha.

Anyways, so far so good in my short tests thus far. Here are my questions:

1- I own a MacBook Pro and was using bootcamp to run PCDJ FX. In general, how is VDJ for Mac... I would like to start using only OS X and no longer bootcamp. Any issues with the HC 4500 in Mac?

2- Is there any midi mapping you can change in VDJ?

3- I've assigned a couple of 'monitored folders' or 'favorites' (are these the same?) but when I exit VDJ, it resets the browser window. Is that right?

4- I created a couple of test playlists, but to delete them, I had to go into my documents and delete the actual .m3u file, is that right?

5- I don't have a database drive in 'preferences'?

6- MOST IMPORTANTLY, I find the font really blurry when in full screen mode, does the software not support high resolutions??? It's tough when everything is squeezed so tight.

I'm sure many of these questions could be answered with more searching etc, but I have a gig this week and would like to familiarize myself as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

Ryan

Mensajes Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 7:17 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi djryani, welcome;)

1. If u read some thread in this mac forum, u noticed there are user who successfully use it great with vdj in OSX. VDJ on mac is good and i using it natively not bootcamp:)

2. Yes..it is possible.

3. There is a fix for this;)

4. U can delete it from the tracklisting folder in ur vdj folder at ur document.

5. It is at ur documents>vdj folder

6. Once u enter ur serial at ur modify ur profile, u can can download skin that will fits ur needs:) Also with some plugins and also to the recent version of mac VDJ.

Regards;)

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 4:46 am
djryanlHome userMember since 2008
Hey SpinnaJ,

I appreciate the bit of advice above. I understand I don't have a license in my profile, the truth is, the store I bought the HC4500 from installed VDJ for me to test. I don't believe there is a demo for Mac is there?? Anyways, I wouldn't spend near 400$ on a software until it was tried tested and true and I really like it. I need a software on Mac therefore I'm playin with this copy. If I can't get the fixes ironed out, and set it up the way I will be using, then what's the point?? Odviously once that is done, I would be making the purchase to have access to updates etc.

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 6:06 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi djryani, VDJ mac is considered stable than its previous version. Like i mentioned there are user that have success with the HC4500.

U can be sure that it is worth it to purchase the software plus u can have access to skins n plugins. Morever once u buy the pro version, it also give u to download the PC version too;)

Mensajes Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 6:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)