Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Used a Video camera for the 1st time

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Friday and Saturday night I used a 'live' feed in VDJ from my digital video camera I just bought, very impressed!

The camera is a conventional digital video camera for recording, it can also play mp3s and record voice, however, it has a webcam mode which is what I used to link to VDJ. Works great, I can't use the zoom or other facilities in webcam mode, but, I can disconnect the USB and use it as a conventional camera. I can then reconnect the USB and switch back to webcam mode and VDJ sees it again without any hiccups to the music output.

One problem I have is my laptop is far too slow at 1.6m single processor. When using the camera I can't load a song/video into the other deck (or should I say it would take 15 minutes!!!) because it maxs out the processor. I have to select another video source while loading tunes. The video is not 100% smooth due to this, but, hardly noticeable.

Incidently, I bought the camera from my local Aldi supermarket for only £58!!!

Right, the quest is on to find a suitable new laptop!!! .........any suggestions???

Mensajes Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 12:34 pm
Thanks for posting this. I have a Mac Book Pro with 2.4 intel dual core. I'll be running it thru some tests in the next week or so prior to a large video dance we have in March. I also want to do a live feed. I should have enough processor to handle this well.

I'm running VDJ on the Vista I put onto the Mac with Boot Camp. I'll let you know how it goes.

Could you give some more details on the camera you use? Model, specs? Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 8:31 am
Camera is a Traveller DV-5000, 5 MP with 8x digital zoom.

Features include;
5 Megapixel
2.4" LCD Colour Screen
8x Digital Zoom
HDMI, A/V Connector
HD720P (1280x720)
1 GB High Speed SD Card
SD Compatible up to 4 GB

Digital Video Camera
Digital Still Camera
MP3 Player
Voice Recorder
Web Camera
Card Reader
USB Connector
Fix Focus
64MB Internal Memory
Recording Time 64 Min at high resolution, up to 8 hours at low resolution (with 2Gb SD Card)
3 years Manufacturers Warranty

Pack includes;
AC Adapter
1 Gb SD high speed card
Earphones
Picture editing software
NP 60 Li-ionBattery
Pouch
USB/AV/HDMI cable
Table tripod

Hope this helps

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 3:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
How did it perform with regards to framerate in low light conditions? I've tested a couple of USB cameras, but when light levels drop, so does the framerate - quite drastically in some cases. I've got a Logitech one I use which isn't too bad, but I wouldn't mind finding a better one.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 8:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)