Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Vista 64 bit will not install the VV Box

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just bought VV. I got the program loaded just fine but when I hooked up the timecode box, Vista "cannot install hardware". What am I missing?

Mensajes Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 10:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Did you check that VV is 64-bit compatible before you bought it? ;)

I think you'll find you need to be running a 32-bit operating system.

Whilst VDJ/Cue will work, I don't think the VV box has 64-bit drivers at present.

Mensajes Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 10:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Windows 64 bit is mainly intended for database or intensive business applications and as such do not operate in the same way.

Unfortunately its not possible to offer 64 bit support currently.

Mensajes Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 12:28 pm
djrelikPRO InfinityMember since 2008
yup im on the same boat. I have vista 64 and i get that same message. there are no drivers for vista 64-bit yet. hopefully there will be soon

Mensajes Wed 24 Dec 08 @ 10:44 am
It is true, I changed the 64 bit for 32 bit and all is good, thanks for helping us out.

Mensajes Fri 26 Dec 08 @ 12:48 am
djrelikPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just out of curiosity how did u change from 64 bit to 32? Did u install a whole new 32 bit Vista operating system version on the computer?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 3:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djrelik wrote :
Just out of curiosity how did u change from 64 bit to 32? Did u install a whole new 32 bit Vista operating system version on the computer?

yes

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 3:54 pm
I was having the same problem with the VV box for the virtual DJ. It suppose to be a compatibility issue with the Vista64 and 32bit driver of the VV box. I contacted Numark and they said that they are only supporting 32bit OS. So, I contacted my computer vendor and told them about the problem. And their only solution is to downgrade to vista32 bit OS in which I'm hoping won't affect my computer's performance, specifically in the middle of a gig. On the other hand, I can just keep my Vista64 OS and wait for VV box upgrade but that is a big uncertainty in which I cannot take. Therefore, the only solution I came up with is to ask the computer vendor for a Vista32 disc downgrade so I can run the VV box normally and keep my vista64bit processor for future proof insurance in case that VV box get's upgraded. I think 64bit OS is the future but most computer hardware are having hard time keeping up. Anyways, it's really a big gamble specially if you pay a huge amount of money for something that won't work and frustrating at the same time co'z we spend all our time in researching all of this but only to find out that there's a problem.

I'll keep you all updated as soon as I receive my dowgrade disc from Dell and let you know how everything came about as far as the computer's performance. Peace Out!

Mensajes Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 5:41 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)