Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Another VDJ and RMX issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

lamozPRO InfinityMember since 2008
As a Xmas gift I got my self a Hercules RMX and downloaded the trial version of the latest VDJ. I currently own 5.0 and it's not compatible. I could have used the VDJ LE that came with the RMX but I've misplaced the envelope with the s/n.
Any way my problem is with sound, if I try to use the gain, treble, mid, or bass knobs it will increase or decrease the setting by a mile!!! If I'm bringing in a song and I slowly adjust on of those knobs the setting will change drastically as if I moved the knob completely to one side or the other. The one the sucks the most is the gain knob, I was mixing a song and the sound level was a little low. I tried to compensate by using the gain knob the sound jumped so loud that everyone stopped dancing a gave me the "WTF" look. HELP!!! Should I adjust any settings? I haven't touched them yet.

Running as
inputs: none
soundcard: hercules rmx

Dell
with Vista
2.ghz
2gig memory
music in a 80gig external hard drive.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 5:12 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

The Gain's on the RMX are very sensitive, and it's a known issue.

They do get better everytime hercules bring out a new driver package, but there is still a problem to some users. If you haven't done it yet I would go the the Hercules Tech site a download the latest driver package (Dec 08) and install them.

See how that goes.

*Edit* Follow this link for the Driver Package.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:23 pm
That was the first thing I did, downloaded the latest drivers. The change is very drastic, some times it will go very high (loud!!) and sometime very low with just the slightest touch. What about the treble, mid and bass knobs? They react the same way. If this is RMX issue, I will be sending the unit back.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:35 pm
The way I get about it when I was my RMX at a gig is adjust all the EQ and gains whilst cueing up, in my headphones, so when I do a mix I get no nastry surrprisers.

All I have to do then is take down the out going tracks gain by using the volume slider for that channel.

Well that's how I've always mixed, even with a external mixer and my TCV or with real vinyl.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:41 pm
The way I get about it when I was my RMX at a gig is adjust all the EQ and gains whilst cueing up, in my headphones, so when I do a mix I get no nastry surrprisers.

All I have to do then is take down the out going tracks gain by using the volume slider for that channel.

I can't hear any changes on the headphones. EQ and gains are not affected on the headphones.

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:28 pm
lamoz wrote :

I can't hear any changes on the headphones. EQ and gains are not affected on the headphones

Well, I can hear the changes in my Sennheisers!!!

Mensajes Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 1:06 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 7:02 am
Ok so i figured out what the problem with the knobs were. In the settings option, I had the "Eq reset on load" enabled. Everytime a new song would load the setting were reset, so when I went to adjust them on the controller it would jump to the position of the knob. I think I may have the bugs worked out for now.

Now onto another issue, when create a loop in the song in wont stay synced to the other song playing. Any suggestions on that?

Mensajes Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 5:20 pm
Having the exact same problem myself and have made a good few threads about it here is the latest http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/103466/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Patch_for_smart_loop_please.html

I have to manually click with my mouse the smart loop icon ( the lock symbol beside the loop features) for every track and every loop i make.
It is really annoying and i hope someone comes up with a fix or patch or nows how to keep the smart loop activated all the time.
Any way if you get any luck plaese let me now and i will also keep you in the loop.
cheers

Mensajes Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 9:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)