Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Is this laptop any good

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Looking for a new laptop for vdj at the moment, audio only but might have a wee play in the house with video, it's to be used with a denon hc4500 so that takes care of the sound card.
HP laptops look good value for money just now but not sure what to go for.

seen the HP Pavilion Artist Edition dv2899ea Core 2 Duo T9300 4096MB 320GB
http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=597J&InMerch=1&tduid=63c2c51acb30f8b3ea0f49ff2b5114a5

Is this any good or is there anything else i should look at around the same price or cheaper.

Cheers in advance for any help

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 10:40 am
Sorry but in my experience, that system will not work well with VDJ + video.
Check out the research I've done here: http://brewerj2000.wordpress.com/

Worth the read. There's also some link backs to some of the other posts and dialogue that we've had here recently on the subject.

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 6:42 pm
not really looking to do video with it tho, I've never tryed video before but MIGHT give it a try in the house to waste some time when i,m bored, so this will really only be used as an audio only laptop with vdj.

Is it capable enough???

Mensajes Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:08 pm
Hey guy's im also looking to get a new laptop this month and I was wondering what your thoughts were on this one that I found. Please hit me up with any comments or thoughts.. Thanks

Intel® Centrino® processor technology with interrelated Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T5800
Intel® PM45 chipset, 802.11a/b/g/n network connection and extended battery life capability.
The next-generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor
Based on the innovative Intel® Core™ microarchitecture, so it runs faster and is more energy-efficient for cooler, quieter operation.
4GB PC5300 DDR2 memory
For multitasking power; 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.26GHz processor speed.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible media; also supports LightScribe direct-disc labels using compatible LightScribe media.
14.1" WXGA widescreen LED display
With a 1280 x 800 resolution brings your movies and games to life.
250GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Provides plenty of storage space and fast read/write times.
NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS graphics
With up to 512MB DDR2 memory for lush images. Azalia audio chip with built-in stereo speakers; HDMI output and eSATA port.
See the benefits of an NVIDIA graphics processor in your laptop.
Built-in 1.3-megapixel webcam
Makes it easy to send video mail to family and friends.
8-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, miniSD, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo for easy transfer of your digital photos.
1 IEEE 1394 port and 5 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector
Ensures easy Internet connectivity.
Weighs 5.7 lbs. and measures 1.4" thin
For easy portability.
Long battery life
Of up to 3 hours and 23 minutes to give you more time away from an outlet.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system with Service Pack 1 (SP1) preinstalled
Software package included with Power 4 Gear Extreme, ASUS Direct Console and more.

Mensajes Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 10:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)