Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help on Building a PC for VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am a part time mobile / club DJ in need of some advice. I play mainly all kinds of rock, country, motown, and other types of music that don't require much beat matching or any of that. I also do lots of video and karaoke. This program seems to do everything I need it to do plus. I have my own mobile system with Yamaha BR15 speakers, Yamaha mixing board with effects (not the normal dj type), QSC 2450 AMP, 2 karaoke players, Audio Technica wireless mics,and of course a basic light show. I also play at a club that does 70s and 80s music one night a week and variety one night a week. I have a person that is going to build a pc for me in the smallest possible package available. Can someone give me some recommendations on what components I should use. I plan on using a quad core processor, 1 TB removable HD (maybe 10,000 RPM) for music, vid, and karaoke files, 250 GB removable HD (10,000 RPM) for programs, DVD burner that reads and burns CD-G (karaoke), 4 GB ram (any type suggestions?), not sure of what soundcard or video card. I have read blogs that mention ASIO soundcards, stay away from INTEL video cards. This guy builds great PCs for gaming but has never built one for this specific application. Are there any advantages of XP vs Vista? Basically I am looking for a build spec sheet from the floor up. I plan on running VDJ Pro and a PC based light controller at the same time also. The reason I want to use a PC and not a laptop is ease in upgrading. All advise will be great. BTW, I love VDJ!

Mensajes Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 7:32 am
Vista is better than XP with newer video cards. Most new cards are based on Directx 10 (vista) and XP is Directx 9
Get a video card with at least 512 MB ram on the card itself.

Using a Quad core Processor is going to give you great processing power.

Use at least 3GB Ram at the max bus speed.

Other thing I did when building my own computer, I used a small 80GB hard drive for VISTA, and VDJ. And I have a 1TB 2nd hard drive with nothing else but music and videos.

Mensajes Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 10:35 am
Thanks for the advice. Are there any more suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 3:49 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)