Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Sound out of laptop into mixer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

We are just getting started with Virtual DJ. I'm wondering what the best way is to take the sound out of the laptop into my board. It will be going into a channel on the board via quarter inch jack. Should I take the sound out of the computer from the headphone jack or through USB? Can it go directly into board? What should the sound setup be in VDJ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mensajes Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 6:17 pm
Ive run it both ways..i ran my laptop strait to a mixer from headphone out to the in on a mixer..just depend on your mixer and your settings on your lappy..as it may come out scratchy if not properly adjusted..havent tried the usb to the board..may have a better signal tho/

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 4:10 pm
I'VE GOT A NUMARK "DJIO" THAT RUNS USB OUT THEN TO EXTERNAL MIXER. GREAT PRODUCT, BETTER SOUND THAN GOING THROUGH HEADPHONE JACKS.

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 7:21 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you run it from your headphone jack you will only get mono on each channel and will have to use a y splitter, best get an external sound card to run to your mixer for best results.

here's one way to set it up

basically if you cant follow the clip

go to config

soundsetup

outputs > external mixer

soundcards > mono seperated

output channels give you white lead/left channel red lead/right channel to your mixer

you will have to use a y splitter for each channel to get dual inputs into mixing desk

which of course will only give you mono sound output

@djstocker, please do not use caps while making a post.

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 7:51 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
To satisfy Tayla\\\\\\\'s post, you need the following:

x1 pc.

x2 pcs.

x2 pcs.

Mensajes Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 1:38 am
I have an hp laptop with two headphones outs , i need to be able to listen through my headphones to one song then play another over a PA system how can i do this? and what settings would i have to enter under configuration

Mensajes Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 9:24 pm
I have not been able to find a headphone that will attach to the female rca of that splitter you show tayla.yet?

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 2:08 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
geomakris wrote :
I have an hp laptop with two headphones outs , i need to be able to listen through my headphones to one song then play another over a PA system how can i do this? and what settings would i have to enter under configuration

GEO

The option you are asking is not possible, you can either play the master to your laptop speaker and the monitor to the headphone or vice versa. The fact is although you have 2 headphone jack onboard on your laptop but it's common to each other. Unless you'll use the mono split set-up.

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 7:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bryan, have you looked for an in line connector for the rca...

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 09 @ 8:26 pm
I was wondering the same thing. I have been running headphone 3.5" into 2 yadapters into my mixer. I was looking at the Numark DJio, but would there be much of an advantage of the DJio?

Mensajes Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 9:30 pm
Hi,
like Dj Stocker 55 said it is best to run out of a 2 channel soundcard into a mixer,
i use a Gigaport into an external mixer , channel 1 left player , channel 2 right player,
then you can cue from the headphones plugged into the mixer. This way you can use
any analogue mixer.

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 12:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)