Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DAC-2 Not Working On Windows Vista

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all. I recently decided to try using VDK 5.x on my laptop with my DAC-2 and Maya 44USB. I installed all necessary drivers and all seemed to go well. However, when I load VDJ, the DAC-2 is not coming along for the ride. The readout on the DAC-2 has dashed lines on it. I went to remote control and activated the DAC-2 and rebooted. I loaded VDJ, but it still will not work. I tried closing and opening vdj a few times, but the DAC-2 never came up. Am I missing something? Is there a specific directory where I should put the dll mapper file? I put it in the "control device" folder.

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 10:17 pm
did you install the dac-2 drivers from pcdj?

BTW the xp drivers will work for Vista - I have mine set up with them

Mensajes Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 11:26 pm
OK, I downloaded the drivers from pcdj. After extracting the files, I double clicked on dac2_drivers.exe. All I got was a small window telling me to plug in the device to finish the installation, which I did. I loaded VDJ, but I still can't use the dac-2. I didn't see an option for XP drivers. All PCDJ had was a link to download drivers for dac-2, without regard to OS. Dang, this is frustrating.

Mensajes Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 8:12 pm
The drivers that you downloaded are the only drivers - you got the correct ones.

Go to control panel and click on system and find the DAC2 icon with the yellow question mark.

Right click and update the driver.
Chose manually locate the driver.
Find the folder where you extracted the drivers to.
let the wizard run - it'll come up as not digitally signed - click ok.

After this you can place your chosen mapper in the My Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\ControlDevice folder. and the mapper should work.

BTW I know this can be frustrating but remember this is a OLD remote control that was designed for Windows 98 not Vista; which is why you have to install the drivers manually - they will not self install.

Good luck

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 8:19 am
OK. I'll try it that way, even though there is no yellow question mark next to the controller in device manager.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 10:42 am
Keep me informed.

Mensajes Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 7:23 pm
No luck. I went as far as uninstallling the dac-2 and reinstalling with the pcdj drivers. Didn't work. I manually tried every com port...didn't work. Not sure what to try now. Is there a way to get the XP drivers that are known to work with Vista?

Mensajes Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 7:43 pm
The drivers that you downloaded from PCDJ are the only drivers available for the DAC 2

It's really frustrating but ya gotta install the Drivers manually. It's the only way I got it to work, and unfortunatly the DAC2 wont work without the drivers.

Keep trying and keep me informed

Mensajes Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 10:08 pm
How many attempts did it take you? I've tried at least 10 times at this point. Quick side question. Can I use the database file from the 5.x version in my 4.x version? I have spent the last week analyzing some songs, that I am using for a gig on Saturday, on my laptop. Since it seems like I won't be using my laptop, I didn't want to re-analyze those songs on my PC, which contains the 5.x version. I figured if I transferred the database xml file and rename it to what the 4.x version uses, I'll be good to go. Any thoughts? By the way, thanks for your attempts at helping me out.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 3:35 am
took me four or five times.

you can use the database from older versions to newer versions, not sure about the other way around. I don't see why not.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 7:14 am
Well, the database transfer didn't work on two fronts. All the work I did analyzing did not work. and all the OLD BPMs were gone. I went back to the original database in the 4.x version. DAC-2 still not working on laptop.

Mensajes Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 3:38 am
the dac-2 driver will not work on Vista 64. Only 32 bit.

Mensajes Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 11:05 am
I don't have the 64-bit version of Vista.

Mensajes Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 6:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)