Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ For Mac Screen Size

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I want to purchase Virtual DJ for my Macbook Pro. I used my friend's Numark Cue 5 software and noticed that when you put it in full screen there are bars on either side of the program and it won't go completely full screen. Is this the same for Virtual DJ or will the program go full screen like it does on the PC version?

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 5:11 pm
If you were to purchase Virtual DJ you would have access to all the goodies in the downloads section. This included skins and plugins etc etc.

Your screen resolution and size on the Macbook Pro and the skin size will change how it looks on the screen.
For example i have a Macbook Pro 15" set to a resolution of 1440x900. When i maximize a 1280x800 it fills the screen and obviously a skin designed in 1440x900 will also fit the screen.

In a nutshell - buy VDJ and play around with skins - there is bound to be one that suits you.

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 8:12 pm
i heard that maximizing a skin sometimes leads to crashes - i have not done it on my macbook pro at all...

anyone confirm this? and i wish there were more 1440x900 skins...

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 8:28 pm
to be fair - i cant comment. I never run it in full screen for longer than 10mins.

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 8:31 pm
Hello lamont76,

No, I sometimes use VirtualDJ on a MacBook Pro and I maximize the 1280x800 skin in full screen and it remains OK: I just used VirtualDJ 5 Pro on a MacBook Pro with the 1280x800 Rmx Mac skin maximized in full screen on a MacBook Pro with no crash during more than 8 hours.

The only strange detail I have noticed in maximizing VirtualDJ is not a crash, it is just a strange thing:
- with NVIDIA graphic chipsets (on PC as on Mac), if I click on VirtualDJ maximize button, VirtualDJ goes in full screen whatever the skin and the display resolution, even if the proportions (width x height) don't fit: a 4x3 skin (as 1024x768) is rescaled in full screen on a 8x5 display (as 1280x800)
- with ATI graphic chipsets, if I try to maximize VirtualDJ in a skin whose resolution is not proportional with the display, it doesn't work (but it doesn't crash, it just doesn't go full screen): for example, if I click on VirtualDJ maximize button with a 8x5 skin (as 1280x800) to a 5x4 display (as 1280x1024), the maximize action doesn't work, because the display proportion are too far, but if I click on VirtualDJ maximize button from a 1024x768 skin (4x3) to a 1280x1024 display (5x4), the maximize action works, because the the display proportion is close to the skin proportion.

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 3:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)