Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: CPU Usage

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

What is everyones CPU usage in 5.2. I haven't upgraded in a while and just did. Running at around 15% up and down when I used to run at near 2-3% in the last update. I always went to 100% when I load a song and still do.
Motherboard Manufacturer:ATI MSI
BIOS Version:RS480 - 42302e31 Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, 03/0
Chipset:ATI MSI - RS480/RX480 Chipset Based
Ports: 1 Parallel, 2 Serial
Athalon AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 1.8 GHz
Memory 2 GIG
Monitor: DiamondPoint V71LCD Mitsubishi Monitor
Windows XP: 5.1 (Build 2600)
3 hard drives 100 gig each, one dedicated for windows.
256mb video card. ATI Radeon. Just updated all driver
M-Audio Delta 410 )haven't upgraded drivers in a while, should I?

Thankxsfor the help.

Another question, would moving up to windows 64 bit better the performance or does it not matter with VDJ?

Mensajes Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 7:32 pm
getting a dual core CPU would help you here.

check on your motherboard manufactures website if your mobo has a socket 939 for the cpu.

then look for the athlon 64 X2 ...

mine is the 4200+ wich was one of the last ones for socket 939.

google is your freind with this too :)

Mensajes Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 7:37 pm
I'm not "tech" enough for that, but thank you, maybe try to hire someone... Had this built for me and its always been very strong. Was there such an upgrade from 5.1? Haven't even tried karaoke yet. Don't really do vids.

Mensajes Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 8:38 pm
VirtualDJ upgrades havent really demanded better hardware over the years, but as ive also upgraded my hardware (regularly) ive not noticed this as much.

My back-up system is similar to your setup, and it dosent hit 100% on CPU at anytime.
Its set up with XP, all the windows updates, current drivers, antivirus and anti malware. but no other installed programs.
Both my systems have more than one harddrive internal, and ive set the windows swapfile to use the 2nd harddrive (this helps windows performance)

there are plenty of blogs and topics in the General forum (pinned at the top) have a read through there. theres tings i find in there that still help me, after many years of using VDJ.

Mensajes Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 7:44 am
vantinedj wrote :

I always went to 100% when I load a song and still do.

This is INTENTIONAL and by design, and all good.

VDJ will use as much CPU as your operative system will allow, to load the song as fast as possible.

After song is loaded, CPU goes back to normal

Mensajes Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 1:35 am
Gottcha Norway. That was not the focus. Sorry for the misunderstanding. My concern is the CPU usage at rest and while looking through folders and playing music not loading songs. It is in the teens vs 0-3% in the other release. Maybe I crated a bunch of virtual folders. Does that take up memory?

Mensajes Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 10:25 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Do you have the FILEDATE option selected in your browser?
if you do, remove it and you're good.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:02 pm
whats filedate option? how do you change it? what does it do?

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:27 pm
nm i knwo what you mean now. in the actual file browser options.

Mensajes Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:29 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)