Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DJM 800 problems - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
We are coming nearer to the solution. The user seems not so expert with VDJ software and its power.

cstoll wrote :

Also, with regards to your mixer ... why are you going to use the channel CUE buttons to trigger samples? You need those buttons to do what they are designed to do on the mixer - which is for headphone cue'ng. Think you should think more about what you are about to do and how this all really works.

Tomorrow I will tell him what you mean and I will talk together with him about it; I agree with you.

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 7:18 pm
AntzDjCUE userMember since 2007
I agree, i was not aware of the power of vdj and what it can do! Due to the lack of information in the book, and the lack of support, all i got is you guys and a bit of knowledge from using the software! I am new to this, so bare with me please!!! As of the cue buttons, what i wanted to do was try to use the mouse as little as poss! If i use the mixer the way you are saying, would i not have to also get a controller like the numark dmc2? I hate havint to use the mouse to get back to cue points etc etc. When im out i use the total controll. My bedroom set upp is what im getting sorted now! Can i use two controllers at once like the djm800 and the dmc2?

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 2:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you can use 2 controllers ... but now I am confused ... you are wanting to setup for Timecode use but you want to be able to go to cue points? If you are using timecode (TCV / TCCD) then you are not DJ'ng the same as if you were using a controller. It sounds like you want the look of using timecode but the actions as if you used a controller. You can cross-breed the 2 methods but you definitely either need an extensive set of keyboard shortcuts or incorporate a controller into your setup along with the timecode setup.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 7:16 pm
AntzDj wrote :
I agree, i was not aware of the power of vdj and what it can do! Due to the lack of information in the book, and the lack of support, all i got is you guys and a bit of knowledge from using the software! I am new to this, so bare with me please!!! As of the cue buttons, what i wanted to do was try to use the mouse as little as poss! If i use the mixer the way you are saying, would i not have to also get a controller like the numark dmc2? I hate havint to use the mouse to get back to cue points etc etc. When im out i use the total controll. My bedroom set upp is what im getting sorted now! Can i use two controllers at once like the djm800 and the dmc2?

If you are going to use time coding with all that expensive Pioneer Equipment, I would let it do what it is designed to do with Virtual Vinyl. I will let the experts help you get it set up, but as a DJ with some experience getting DJ friends up and running on their first setup... I would work out all the kinks of your deck to deck mixing with the VV box, Cue, and CD players. Make sure you can do all the basics first, and then experiment once you can prove out the basic configuration is stable.

For the MIDI effects, I heavily recommend the new Korg Nano Series. Check them out at http://www.korgnano.com/ There are 3 to choose from and they are each only $60 at Guitar Center (or most online wholesalers.) Given how much you have spent on the time code setup <grin> a mere drop in the bucket. I have been experimenting with the NanoPad and I have never mapped MIDI anything in my life and it is pretty simple if you just give yourself some time, patience, and a spirit of fun to play with it. It is also easier on a blank slate device, like the NanoPad where you dont have to worry about conflicting functions with your decks :)

I have a pretty basic setup, DMC2, DJIO, Numark PPD9000 Mixer, and a D2 Director (which is my backup should anything happen to my laptop.) I probably spent 1/2 of what you did, new and old laptop included, no offense, and I could not be happier with the setup. So you may want to reconsider your setup if it is not too late to return. You have a dream setup for most DJs, but you may find it is over kill.

I am helping a few friends rope together their first setup and I have been able to price Numark Cue 5.X, DMC2, a DJIO for $374 on www.amazon.com. You can then put any mixer you want with that configuration and you are ready to go. Add any CD players or media player/controller (like the Numark D2 or DDS) for your backup and you have 3 very powerful sources to mix from. My bet is you will not have spent any more than that cost of just 1 Pioneer CDJ1000 MKII. And I think after you get up and running with Cue and all its features and automation, you wont ever want to mix off CD players again!

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 8:28 pm
djchad72 wrote :
AntzDj wrote :

You have a dream setup for most DJs, but you may find it is over kill.

thats my dream...DJM 800....Pioneer 1000 mk2, with coffin..its either that or a clean smooth G-Ride Grand Marquis sittin low...im ganna get the dj set up or a my car..its hard to decide......

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 11:05 am
I have only managed to get the virtual vinyl to work properly last night! For some reason it decided to work. Im thinking maybe i have a faulty box? Sischo is helping me see what virtual dj can do etc, and im impressed. The virtual vinyl is amazing when it works and i do not want to use records or cd's again!
As for my set up, i use 2x technics sl 1210 mk3's, 2 x numark pro tt2 (better tracking for scratching in my oinion than the 1210's), 2 x Pioneer cdj1000 mk3's, and a pioneer djm800 mixer. I also have a numark 200usb mixer, numark cdn22 mk4, (and some stanton 500 mp3 rack cd players), and a numark total control which i use together with my laptop now and then. I use a dell xps laptop! Im on my fourth laptop and it's the only one im happy with so far that actually works fine with vdj. Its 2x 2.5ghz intel centrino core duo with 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive running 32bit vista (for vdj).
As of last night i was more than happy with the set up, and the pioneers were operating the Virtual Vinyl fine, if i skipped back to the begining of the cd, the song on the laptop would skip back too,which is what i wanted. But for 3 days it never did this and did it's own thing! I'll find out tonight when i boot it up again!

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 12:35 pm

[/quote]

thats my dream...DJM 800....Pioneer 1000 mk2, with coffin..its either that or a clean smooth G-Ride Grand Marquis sittin low...im ganna get the dj set up or a my car..its hard to decide......[/quote]

Get the pioneer set up! Cars go wrong and you'll soon get board with them. I've had pioneer cdj1000's since the day they came out, and i love them more and more each day! I've had the pioneer djm 500, 600 and 800 mixer, and they are the best in the world! My 800 is the best bit of kit i've ever owned!

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 12:39 pm
AntzDj wrote :
I have only managed to get the virtual vinyl to work properly last night! For some reason it decided to work. Im thinking maybe i have a faulty box? Sischo is helping me see what virtual dj can do etc, and im impressed. The virtual vinyl is amazing when it works and i do not want to use records or cd's again!
As for my set up, i use 2x technics sl 1210 mk3's, 2 x numark pro tt2 (better tracking for scratching in my oinion than the 1210's), 2 x Pioneer cdj1000 mk3's, and a pioneer djm800 mixer. I also have a numark 200usb mixer, numark cdn22 mk4, (and some stanton 500 mp3 rack cd players), and a numark total control which i use together with my laptop now and then. I use a dell xps laptop! Im on my fourth laptop and it's the only one im happy with so far that actually works fine with vdj. Its 2x 2.5ghz intel centrino core duo with 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive running 32bit vista (for vdj).
As of last night i was more than happy with the set up, and the pioneers were operating the Virtual Vinyl fine, if i skipped back to the begining of the cd, the song on the laptop would skip back too,which is what i wanted. But for 3 days it never did this and did it's own thing! I'll find out tonight when i boot it up again!

WOW! you are worse than I am when it comes to buying DJ stuff! LOL Good luck to you tonight bud!

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 7:39 pm
Oh, and I have been a Numark guy from day 1 about 10 yrs ago. I have used CDs from the get-go, therefore not really all gun-ho on the Pioneer rigs that emulate vinyl look/feel. I have always used Numark Dual decks, which were always packed with features for a great price. I then just bought solid mixers to work from.

I have the Numark PPD9000 mixer, which is so powerful. I cant believe how full it sounds compared to the 200fx i had. Night and Day. The individual blue LEDs are just so cool looking, and the controls are configurable (ie sensitivity of the faders, the frequencies, and other settings.)

So I know my vinyl buddies salavate on the 1000's, but I am just a CD guy and dont see the hype as I want just a dial to turn that slows/speeds up my tracks as I need. :)

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 7:45 pm
lol, im the complete opposite, i hate the turning dials/motorised platters on cd players! You may as well just get some decks! Im not a great fan of numark, although i got a lot of numark stuff because my mate used to work at numark uk doing the repairs, so not only could i get stuff cheap, i can get it repaired when it goes wrong. Also i got alesis stuff cheap too! So thats a result.

Mensajes Sat 14 Mar 09 @ 3:02 am
Top...

Im stilll looking for advice and a guide on how to set up my DJM800 as a midi controller for VDJ with the DJ/IO box

Mensajes Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 9:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)