Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Numark DM950 USB crossfader problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

QCumberHome userMember since 2009
Hi guys.

I just borrowed a Numark dm950 USB mixer for an upcomnig gig i have next weekend.
I have installed it, connected it with 2 usb chords, followed instruction videos on YouTube and everything works perfectly,
except that I can´t use the Crossfader or the Channel Volume Faders. In the videos they go through it step by step, and after they select the DXM01 USB soundcard from the selection, it all works automatically.

Does anyone know how to fix this??

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 7:07 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
That mixer is not a midi mixer It will work but, the skin of VDJ will not be effected in any way...

Mensajes Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 10:50 pm
QCumberHome userMember since 2009
That actually might be the problem. My speakers are not connected to the master output of the mixer, just my pc, so naturally the mixer has no effect on them
I just thought it would manipulate the spealers through VirtualDJ via USB

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 8:19 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
In external mixer mode, all mixing will be handled by the actual mixer itself, not by VDJ. You connect two outputs from the PC to the mixer, then the master from the mixer to your sound system.

None of the corresponding controls in VDJ will move (for example the crossfader) because the mixer doesn't send that information to the computer.

Mensajes Sat 21 Mar 09 @ 1:26 pm
Stiga77Home userMember since 2009
Hi...

I bought a Numark DM 950 just to play at home, and i´m getting that same problem... why can´t I control the levels and crossfade on the mixer ?
Another question: I have a laptop with 2 external sound cards. I´ve connected the cards to the mixer with 2 rca cables. I can hear the 2 channels playing both tracks on my phones... now my problem is: i´ve a 5.1 soundsystem and i connected a rca cable from the mixer output to the woofer of my sound system and i don´t hear anything coming out. can anyone tell me what´s the problem ?

regards from portugal

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 6:51 pm
Stiga77 wrote :
HI bought a Numark DM 950 just to play at home, and i´m getting that same problem... why can´t I control the levels and crossfade on the mixer ?

The controls on the mixer are *not* MIDI, so they cannot control VDJ - the mixer sends no information to the PC in that way. The mixer will only manipulate the audio signals sent by VDJ.

Stiga77 wrote :
Another question: I have a laptop with 2 external sound cards. I´ve connected the cards to the mixer with 2 rca cables. I can hear the 2 channels playing both tracks on my phones... now my problem is: i´ve a 5.1 soundsystem and i connected a rca cable from the mixer output to the woofer of my sound system and i don´t hear anything coming out. can anyone tell me what´s the problem ?

regards from portugal

Sounds like a configuration issue to me; what do you have set at the moment in Sound Setup?

Mensajes Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 6:56 pm

Hi... thanks for the reply

Ok...i can´t control VDJ through the mixer , but i can control every sounds coming from the mixer , for example , if I low the volume level of the track , i can hear it that way ? I can control all the sounds in the mixer , without VDJ , is that it ? :)

My configuration is: input - NONE , output - EXTERNAL MIXER , sound card - 2 CARDS (then i select the 2 cards bellow)

I think that i just might be wrong connecting the mixer to the sound system... i´ll try and post later

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 11:47 am
Thats correct - that mixer has no control over VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 12:57 pm
Hi SBDJ...

I´ve already solved my problem in a very easy way... my soundsystem is a creative 5.1... therefore the woofer has 5 jacks for the speakers, and 3 jack entrances (where the jacks of the soundcard connect). 1 entrance for the woofer and center speaker, 1 for the front speakers and other for the rear... what i did was: connect the computer with 2 usb external cards to the mixer with rca cables (that way i´ve got the 2 channels open) and finnaly , i´ve bought a cable that has 2 rca in an edge , and a small jack in the other edge... connected the 2 rca jacks to the output in the mixer , and the small jack to the woofer... now i´ve got the woofer and one speaker working , and that´s enough for me :)

regards from Portugal and thank you for your concern , and i hope that i can help other persons with the same doubt...

Mensajes Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)