Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual DJ Crashed - Need interpretation

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

I was playing Nurmark Cue/ Virtual DJ using time codes. I have Virtual Vinyl if that is necessary to know. I was being lazy since it was slow at the club, I had some songs added to the automix list. I had the setting on Fade(dont remove anything) and 8sec. from last song played to fade into new one. I have never had virtual dj/cue crash on me until tonight. Here are some system specs:

- Windows xp sp2
- 2.19 GHz processor
-2 gb ram
- internet was off, all unecessary programs were closed.
- I don't know if this caused it but I had my power settings on portable/laptop. I normally have everything on "always on" but
forgot to change it.

Here is the crash report:

Crash ID=03f8c1e1 (date=903270003, version=5.2.1 Pro, build=521, thread=Main, dump=3a5c3020, excode=c0000005 (0,4afcc99a))

Thank you for the help!

- DJ Mario

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 1:45 am
I am no expert on crash reports so i will let someone else look into that.

But one thing it could be if you think it is "power settings" related:
Some power settings disable hard drives if not used for X period of time. This could result in a crash.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 7:14 am
I think that was it because I have all my music on an external hard drive. I had inactivity for x amount of time and then it probably shut it off. Thank you for the response. I would still like to make sure it's not something else. If that is it, it will be a relief.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 11:06 am
I have also just changed the setting to where my computer cannot turn off my USB ports to save power.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 11:16 am
I'm sure cstoll will get round to analysing you the crash report shortly (he's the best at this kind of tech stuff). I know he's busy at the moment so be patient.

Hopefully if you've stopped the USB power saving then it may fix it.

Mensajes Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 12:37 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's an external crash

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 9:01 am
So i guess if its external its possibly connected to my computer which could have been caused by my computer shutting down the usb ports?

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 11:59 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

If you want to stop your drive from going in sleep mode try this neat program. I have to use it

http://www.softjock.com/MDIS.exe

It runs of your desktop, so no installing is necessary. Set it up, then minimize it on your tool bar and thats it

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 12:31 pm
Thanks JimmyB. Im going to try it without it to see if I solved it but if it happens again I will def. look into it.

Mensajes Sat 28 Mar 09 @ 5:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)