Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Windows 7 issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there, have been using win 7 for a while now without problems, just decided to install vdj 5 to see if it worked with it. I gave up using vdj 5 with vista due to i used to get to much crackles and pops no matter whati did. So i setup vdj 5 and low and behold no pops etc....i thought my prayers had been answered. I use a herc mrk 2 console as sound card / controlller but for some stange reason i can't control it via vdj. The sound is perfect but i cant use the controller? I have installed the vista drivers for the herc 2 but it seems to install only 1 out of 4? Any ideas? i just gave up with vista but win 7 seems to have a chink of light at the end of the tunnel...lol seems to be a couple of missing links? Oh yeah and the herc dj console icon on the taskbar bottom right has a cross on it and i can't open it?

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 1:27 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Windows 7 is a BETA Operating System -- drivers have to be written for hardware to properly run on that platform. Hercules will have to release a Windows 7 driver.

So until it becomes a 'RELEASED' operating system I am sure you will not find drivers for most hardware. Not all drivers for hardware jumps from platform to platform - specially with Microsoft.

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 2:50 pm
Yep i fully understand that but i have searched here and found people have been running the 2 ie. win 7 and vdj 5 without any probs just wondering if there was anything i was misssing thats all? Any pointers would be like gold to me!!!

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 4:23 pm
But not with the Mk2 correct ?

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 5:16 pm
I believe this console is over midi, and if thats true, you should be able to use your mapping file or just map the controller to vdj yourself.

Mapping can be done over the remote control tab. I would try to at least map 1 key on your console to VDJ to see if that works. Then we can take it from there.

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 5:37 pm
SevanKambel wrote :
I believe this console is over midi, and if thats true, you should be able to use your mapping file or just map the controller to vdj yourself.

Mapping can be done over the remote control tab. I would try to at least map 1 key on your console to VDJ to see if that works. Then we can take it from there.

Please read the thread more carefully. This is a driver issue with the HercMK2 and Windows 7 Beta.

I'm sure if the drivers were present and the user could install then he would be able to activate in VDJ without a problem.

Thanks =)

Mensajes Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 5:56 pm

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 9:35 am
How is that guy the same as you? He is not using a Hercules Mk2 -- and that is what your problem is right? It's the Mk2 - the software runs fine. I have run it on Windows 7 -- your issue is the Mk2 not VirtualDJ.

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 1:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As Chris said, Virtual DJ works fine on Windows 7 as it is at the moment.

What you might struggle with a bit more is hardware, and for whatever reason it seems the Mk2 drivers haven't worked for you. It might require some fiddling, or they just might not work at all. You will need to contact Hercules support as it's their hardware - in all likelihood they will tell you Windows 7 is not yet supported and to use a supported operating system such as Windows XP or Vista.

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 2:03 pm
Aye your not wrong there they NEVER answer any phone calls!!!

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 3:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Mensajes Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:28 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)