Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Old Version - Vista Laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys.

Got another new Vista laptop and want to load 4.1 onto it. My music has been put into my C drive for the time being. When i load VDJ, it goes into C:/Program Files/Virtual DJ. This i can handle cos i'm used to it from XP. But, when i copy my database over from my gig machine to this laptop it has no effect on the track library. It's weird. All the tracks come up no bother, but there's no BPM's or song lengths. When i scan the tracks the info is there and when i restart it's still there, so the info is being saved somewhere, but i can't work out where VDJ is reading the information from.

Even if i delete the database from C:/Program Files/Virtual DJ folder, the info is still there, so it's obviously getting it from somewhere. I would have thought no database in the root drive would have caused a 'Database Corrupt' error, but no, nothing like that happened at all. And when I scan a couple of folders, no database file is created in the Virtual DJ folder...have i missed something? All i can think of is that my first gig machine has a music drive letter 'G' and my new laptop has a music drive letter 'C'. Could this be affecting it? You can't change the boot drive letter from C which is fair enough, but if it's not saving any sort of database file in the C drive, then where is it taking the information from? I don't mind re-scanning all of my tracks, but where is the database file being kept...or, like i say, have i missed something?

Can anyone help?

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 7:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The program files\virtual dj folder is just for the core application.

The actual data is stored in my documents\virtual dj.

Mensajes Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 9:07 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@SBDJ

I thought that myself, but when i copied my database file into my documents/virtual dj, it still didn't affect anything. There was no track info at all.

Any more suggestions?

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Mensajes Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 8:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)