Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: switching to vinyl

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i am probably going to be making a lot of post in the next few days as i try to transition to virtual vinyl from a usb controller so if you can help me out please monitor this topic as i have lots of questions if varying topics

1. are numarks virtual vinyl compatible with vdj or would u be better off geting the timecoded vinyl direct from this site

i know this kind of depends on my setup which i will be posting tomorrow but im just basically looking for opinion if one is more preferred then the other,i am looking for simplicity as well

Mensajes Wed 13 May 09 @ 1:43 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SilentOneLove wrote :

1. are numarks virtual vinyl compatible with vdj or would u be better off geting the timecoded vinyl direct from this site

VirtualDJ's and Numarks TCV are exactly the same. I carry a set of Numark vinyls as my spare set.

Mensajes Wed 13 May 09 @ 1:56 am
ok currently im using vdj 5.2 on a gateway laptop with 1 g of ram operating on 32 bit windows vista, and the controller i am using is a total control and i have a soundblaster external soundcard,with a set of monitor speakers

what i would like to setup to run with virtual vinyl is
(2) gemini tt01 belt drive turntables
(1) gemini mx o1 2 channel mixer

the sound setup i currently have is that i just run a audio cable from the headphone out on my laptop to the speakers,will this still work or would u i need some other type of soundcard? and also is there anything else i would need to get up and running with the virtual vinyl (besides the vinyl itself)

also i imagine its possilbe to still conenct the total control and use it for the eqing,is that right

and if at all possible i could use a explanation of how exactly to go about setting up the timecodes

any response is appreciated

Mensajes Wed 13 May 09 @ 1:32 pm
damyxzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Forget the belt drive turn tables, Just save some more money and get the direct drive ones. You will like it better and learn faster. The belt drives does not have the torque and speed consistency, plus it's hard to get replacement belt when they stretch out.

Mensajes Wed 13 May 09 @ 7:46 pm
i appreciate the info but i already have the tt01s so thats what im gonna stick with for now,but another side question is can i use the total control as the mixer and still have the 2 turntables? i have been watching a lot of youtube so i really wont need much help with the setup but the hopefully last question i have is about the total control as a mixer

Mensajes Thu 14 May 09 @ 2:30 am
i am looking into the maya 44 usb and have a few questions, i know how to set it up with my tables and also that it has a headphone jack so i should be good on the cueing but right now i just have a plug from my laptop headphone out to my speakers, will this setup still work if i am using a usb mixer,2 tables and a maya 44usb?

Mensajes Thu 14 May 09 @ 1:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)