Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: connecting decks and mixer vo vdj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey. im new to the forums so hey everyone.
it mite hav already been spoken about but i couldnt find it.
it is possible to connect my stanton c314 decks and m202 mixer to vdj right?
so when i touch and use my external mixer it does the same thing to vdj mixer.
il be using it through a laptop and still need to buy a soundcard so any info on that wood be good.
i want to do it so i can record my sets but the only thing i'd use vdj is to store my songs and create playlists,
and obviously record.
thanx in advance.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 2:49 am
Using the gear you've got, you have only one choice. Timecodes.

To explain ->

If you want to be able to fully control the software, using a mixer/decks or other controller, you need that hardware to have a midi interface. That sends signals to the PC that certains buttons and sliders have been moved/turned etc. The software then shows this on screen.

However, none of your gear is midi enabled, so you will have to go down the timecode route.

This means you'll need a soundcard with at least 4 in 4 out (the same as 2 stereo in and 2 stereo out). Instead of plugging the decks into the mixer, you now plug them into the soundcard, and in virtual DJ, set the sound options to have timecode inputs and use the config screen to set them up. To work, you'll need to burn a timecoded vinyl cd that you can get from the virtual dj site (I forget where, but its here).

Ok thats the inputs done.. then you need to output 2 channels from the soundcard to your mixer. These are the channels for deck a and b.

Now.. when ever you put a song on in virtual dj, you can control it using your cdj's and timecodes.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 5:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)