Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: The Horrible thing about hardware

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

All of virtual dj's hardware... i think ... is useles... sure they all have cool features and stuff... but unless they have evrything... im not going to purchase anything... and i dont mean EVERYTHING... i mean minimal requirements... like a crossfader on the xp10... soooo simple to do, and so stupid to not. and i also think that virtual dj should sell turntables, that way we dont have to search for one that we can use with tcv... please post your thoughts here

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 7:24 pm
as far as TCV goes, it doesn't matter what turntable you use it will work. As long as its not a fisherprice model.

I currently use Numark TTX, other DJs on this forum use Technics SL1200s, TT500s Stanton decks etc.

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 8:02 pm
every single turntable will be able to connect to vd? wow?! but that doesnt matter the xp10 should still have a crossfader capability

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 8:34 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are ready to spend $1k+ for software controllers, then you don't want a low budget *software* crossfader slapped on them. You are more than likely beyond the capabilities of the software eq and fader anyway. The makers of the XP10 did not forget to put on a crossfader, they just realize that the vast majority of their users would never use it and would therefore not appreciate paying for it. It's kind of like buying a Ferrari and then complaining to the dealership because it doesn't come with an automatic transmission.

If you want an all in one package, try the Hercules DJ Console (though I can't really recommend it) or the new Behringer thing (never tried it).

I would really suggest that you purchase an external mixer before a controller, though. It will make a world of difference in the sound quality of your mixes.

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 8:37 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Bargler
I share your opinion

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 9:38 pm
I share the ideas of Bargler also. I use also an external mixer
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 10:00 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I ALWAYS used a mixer (20+ years), and i can't even imagine to work without a mixer in front of people. The mixer is as important (if not more inportant) than the players (TT, cd's, whatever...)
Not only to mix, but to connect and control all the other gear (from your headphones to power amplifiers)
It was never a question for me.

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 11:27 pm
I always prefer to use a hardware mixer as well...had the DAC-2 had everything built in like HDC I wouldn't have bought it...I wanted something that acted exactly like Dual CD Deck.

I never use soft to perform the mix live, that's why I really want a good skin with no mixer or eq on it and more playlist, search space.

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 4:49 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you try my new denon skin (no mixer-no cross at start)?

Mensajes Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 10:13 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
fruit looks great man i just wish it was 1024x768

Mensajes Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 12:57 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yo cyder you should use a converter to grow it's size it's easy. Think about those who have poor screen resolution : that's what I kept in mind. Plus many people on these forums complained cause there was no good 800x600 skins : there's now a very complete 800x600 skin I'm proud I did it. Maybe I will convert it myself later dunno...

Or you can also set fullscreen mode.

Regards
FRUiT94

Mensajes Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 1:03 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
this is true fruit, its good to see you back on the fourms.

couse I'm starting to think poor resolution is 1024x768

after looking at some 21 inch lcds :)

Mensajes Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 8:12 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The xp10 is designed like a single cd player or vinyl deck, but obviously a software controller, i don't believe a mixer should be incorporated into this kind of hardware, quite simply because a regular mixer will always be a cheaper and better solution in terms of 'mixing'.

The hercules controller is an all in one unit for the budget user, this is ideal for those who can't afford a seperate mixer and seperate controllers, however, many people like myself like the idea of one unit to control both decks, like a dual cd player, but the hardware isn't quite up to the standard that many of us would wish, an external mixer though should always be...

The hercules isn't the best in terms of build quality, but I use it and think it's great when combined with a mixer, time coded cd or vinyl is even better.

Bagpuss

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)