Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Major timecode problem - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So, yesterday I plugged my computer into my friend's SL-1 box to do a gig. I loaded up VDJ 5.21 and it was having trouble using the SL-1 box w/ the Serato timecodes. I was frustrated because I've been using those two w/ VDJ 5.21 for months now. The left deck's audio kept getting wobbly (best way to describe it) and the timecode signal kept dropping to 0%. (I am using CD timecodes)

Today I hooked up my SL-1 w/ VDJ timecode and had the same problem. The weird thing is that w/ the Serato timecodes, Serato itself has no problems with the SL-1 or the signal dropping, so it has something to do with VDJ. Is there a way to get a copy of the 5.21 install? I'd like to uninstall the software and re-install it altogther. I've tried system restores to before the gig and they haven't worked.

To recap - VDJ and SL-1 timecodes give same problem with "wobbly" sound. It especially will happen if I adjust the pitch (and I know that I shouldn't have key-lock on, it's not) or scratch. It will work fine for a while, then crap out when I try to scratch or change the pitch. ARGH. It's very frustrating and I have a very big important gig on Saturday that I have to have this working by. PLEASE help. This happens in both 5.2.1 and 6.0.1.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 1:57 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Please post screenshots of the timecode signal

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 3:12 pm
I am trying a system restore - once it comes back up I'll post screenshots.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 3:14 pm

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 3:26 pm
It is just so friggin random. I don't get it. It has worked using a SL-1 box for a few months without a single problem. I plugged my computer into my friend's SL-1 and it goes CRAZY. Just nuts. I can't even get a system restore to work right now.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 3:31 pm
Cel, is there a way to talk via AIM or Gchat? This gig I have on Saturday is monumentally important to me (I'm flying cross-country for it) and I am desperate for help.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 3:41 pm
The weird part is that it's almost always (99.9% of the time) on the left deck. Right deck is rock solid. Doesn't matter what decks, cables, etc that I use. And Serato will work fine with the same setup. So it HAS to be something internal to VDJ. I am literally an hour away from just reformatting.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:01 pm
djpoopypants wrote :
http://i26.tinypic.com/6530ax.jpg

The gain in the audio inputs are clearly too high according to this picture. Go to your sound card and decrease it

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:48 pm
Yes I know. But that's not the issue. The gain is fine in the first picture.

You can basically ignore the second one.... that was just a bunch of crap going wrong at once. Mostly its just the left deck getting "wobbly".

The thing is that it will be fine for a while, then it will go all wonky, then be fine again. It just doesn't make any sense.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:49 pm
Ok so it's time to reset the sound drivers. Go to Infos pannel and click on "reset to factory".

You will have to set all your params then but you will be sure vdj has loaded the right audio drivers.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:52 pm
Now both are messed up. Both are fluctuating between 0% and 100% constantly. And they're still going to 100% and then breaking down, then going back.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 4:56 pm
ok so it's time for the solution B

0) make back-up of folders and database
1) Uninstall VirtualDJ
2) Download registry tool
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html
3) Launch it and click on the button "clean"
4) Accept the remove of the data (you won't loose your database)
5) Disconnect your sound card
6) Reboot your computer
7) Connect your sound card when Windows is at the desktop and be sure it works ok
8) Maybe resinstall your sound card at this step with a reboot of your computer
9) Install VirtualDj (you will need your serial number)

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 5:06 pm
No change. Same problems.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 5:24 pm
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm trying my Maya 44 USB card to see if there's a difference.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 5:33 pm
The Maya 44 seemed fine. So I'm guessing it has to do with something about the SL1, VDJ and how they're interacting. I'm going to uninstall all the drivers for it, reboot, and try again.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 5:44 pm
Still nothing. Uninstalled, reinstalled, did all the drivers. Nothing. SL-1 still doesn't work right. Maya 44 seems okay but I'm going to have to test the crap out of it.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 6:06 pm
Anything you can think of? Why it would go to 100% for a minute, then down to 10%-90%, then go back to 100%?

I thought the power might be an issue, but I plugged the SL1 in and it still has a problem.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 6:36 pm
Reformatting now. If this doesn't fix it, I'll cry.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 7:17 pm
:cries:

I have no idea what could be causing this. Not even the reformat fixed this. Fuck.

Mensajes Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 8:51 pm
Any ideas? I'm stumped. The timecodes still read fine in Serato, but not in VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 6:18 pm
71%