Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: How reliable is your Virtual DJ? - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Patience has won once again :-)

#3: Virtual DJ does it automatically

#1 and #2: i think it's a particular software for Toshiba laptop because i have the same soft on mine

Just another idea like that, to verify the sum of virtual memory. It can be interesting to have a big value

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 4:01 am
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, i believe its best to have your virtual memory set to "Custom Size" and have the initial size and maximum size set to the same, this prevents windows automatically adjusting the page file during use. I currently have mine set to 1000MB.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 4:39 am
good to see you as a full member baseman :)
and glad to hear you sorted out your problems :)

happy mixing :)

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 6:25 am
Toshiba hardware rules!...love my laptop, but I uninstall all of the crap toshiba software first. :)

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 8:17 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had problems with VDJ constantly crashing and doing some really things. However after persistance from a very knowledge person on these boards the problem is solved. The problem was not VDJ but actually the memory chips. Changed the chips about three weeks ago and no even a hiccup since.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 3:31 pm
Baseman,

Do you realize how big this is? It could be the cause for the crashes many here are having, including Anewsome. I really hope he reads this.

Killabee44

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 6:35 am
@ Killabee44, Anewsome has tried many steps including trying another PC and still experienced the same issue. I myself have tried scratching with the skin using my mouse and got the same scratch so I know VDJ has 1 issue although depending on what the error message is or what happens it can be a different issue for all.

The next update should solve many issues different users have.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 5:35 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I only really get crashes when useing poor settings, e.g max load off, big mistake!.

But I never get crashes other than that, if i do it's extremely rare, and all forgoton about, I find that windows xp pro is more unstable than virtual dj it's self, and often the true problem.

I configure windows for mx performance and min presentation. IT WORKS.

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Bagpuss: can you tell us what you did with windows? shortly? =)
what is max performance for you?

tnx

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:26 pm
Yes, windows is often the bad guy, as we all probably know.
Check www.blackviper.com for info in how to tweak your system for better performance. There are probably thousands of similar sites on the net in the same subject, but I like this one.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 8:21 am
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
A friend of mine played a 3 hour set using VDJ. I had been raving on about how good this software is, and when he was playing i was nervous as hell that it might crash, skip and burn (especially as he's never used it before).... 3 hours later and he'd played the best set i ever heard without a single glitch!

Big respect to the coders, and to anyone considering buying this, then it gets my 100% recommendation. (i DONT work for Atomix by the way ;)) ... now time for practice...

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 6:16 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
it's the best program for me too =)
i used it more than 6 hours (without pause) too and my full version never crashed.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 9:47 pm
i use it at gigs thursdays, fridays and saturdays - each week

Thats 3 x 7 hours EACH week, for MONTHS....! ;)

So I can honestly say I have at LEAST used VDJ for 100+ hours - no crash! :)

But I keep my pc clean as possible (not a bunch of bad drivers and software there)

I honestly believe Windows will go sour after a while if you keep it "messy" with loads of installs, uninstalls, spyware, adware, background apps and more...

If you do have software issues, try a windows reinstall (clean new install)! and voila! problems gone ;) thats says it all ;)

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 10:06 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I use it 2-3 hours a day, every day practicing.
I Gig 4-6 hours on the weekends with it when not doing video.
Been using it live since 1.07 I think.
I couldn't guess how many hours i've logged.

Once I had a drive fail, 1 of 3, while doing video and three subsequent crashes later I went to VDJ audio and played out the rest of the night with no trouble at all.

On a cruise ship I had a DJ that went live with an internal sound card and a 1/8 mini 3 hours after he first saw the screenshot. It was on my back up/crap laptop and, he has been using it ever since.

Had a crash when I selected my suggestion box but the program recovered without even a hickup.

This program is lightyears ahead of the competition IMO.

Stopped worrying a long time ago, and it feels great.

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 12:15 am
I'm between Traktor and Virtual and I've had two really important crashes that really got me worried and made me go back to Traktor. What can you guys tell me is a very good stable setup for Virtual. I have a Compaq pentium 4, 2.4 ghz, 1 gig of ram.

I may add that my crash occoured one night during a wedding that I sorted by artist the entire collection and I know that some songs did not have an artist or had just a number.

Please guide me in the right direccion.

Thank you.

Mensajes Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:11 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
When I'm not setting up convertions I'm using vdj, and sometimes I'm using vdj at those conventions :) I usually spend between 15-30 hours a week mixing on vdj. I'm pretty happy with the progress this software has made. Its light years ahead of anything out there. Remeber most are just doing audio. vdj has branched out to new hights with video and karaoke. I just wonder what they are going to do next :) Take a look at the history log and see how far we have come. We have the best and brightest in the industry here.

Mensajes Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 9:55 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I was very nervous as well. But the last 2 month I have been using nothing but VDJ and it works without any problems. I strictly use it for music and recommend it to anyone.

Mensajes Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 2:14 pm
crashes almost everytimes I use it, very unstable especially when looping.

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 7:42 am
In Poland I DJ'ed 7 nights in a row, 7 hours per night. VDJ 3.0 was absolutely flawless. No single problem! I had issues with previous versions but now the question of stablity is clear to me: this is the best DJ software by far.

One extra tip: if you use the Hercules Console, you REALLY need to have that "alien icon" ON.

It is possible to remove it from the startup menu, and the hardware will work anyway, but I have remarked that the system *may* malfunction when the 'DJConsoleMixer.exe' file is not running. Problems would usually be related to the pre-listening function (headphones), among other minor issues. So leave the alien running, the truth is out there!

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 10:17 am
tribaltrance2000
Maybe you are not using the full version. Or having problems in the general setup of OS/Hardware. The program is not always the issue, you know.

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 12:27 pm
95%