Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Smaller pitch range

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK this one if more for the DJ console users. It would be useful to have a smaller pitch range than +/- 8%. If i use the pitch faders on the console they suck, its difficult to get it to move .01 of a percent, so having a smaller pitch range i.e. 6% may compensate for this.

Is there any other way to do this? I realise i could use the keyboard to get finer control but would prefer to do it from the console.

Mensajes Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:20 pm
I have the console too

In the full version you can switch volume and pitch, so that you have pitch at a round knob (very accurate) and volume at slider ... I like that better :)

But a smaller pitch range could be added as a new feature too

Mensajes Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 8:24 pm
basemanPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I tried switching volume and pitch but im a bit old skool and prefer the sliders :) I think the best solution would be to have a plug in assigned to a button on the console which enables you to select between different ranges. So for instance when i need the fine control i press a button and the range is set to +/- 5 and when i need a greater range i simply press the key again to cycle to +/- 8 or 16 etc. Hope that makes sense.

I will have a go at writing a few plugs ins when i get chance but i gather i would need the smaller pitch range enabled at software level for me to be able to achieve this. Im sure ill have a million other ideas when i really get the hang of this.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 1:16 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry we don't have this fonction in Virtual DJ so you can't use it in a plugin. I'm happy you are interested by plugins. E-mail me for help because i can show you how they work very simply. The examples on the website are too complicated to start i think. You just need to know language C or better C++ to understand how plugins work
Have a look at that to start with plugins. It's better:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=11010

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 3:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)