Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: DJ, Video & Karaoke Tutorials - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Some of you already know that I have a channel on YouTube for helping DJs with equipment, techniques and the business aspect of our industry. Here I do demonstrations and tutorials regarding the aforementioned topics. I am putting up a link to my channel for anyone who wants to check it out, ask a question or make a request.

I do not consider myself be the foremost authority on the art of DJing, but after 25 years I think that I do have something to offer new and old DJs alike. In some areas of the field I might be considered an expert, more likely in the business aspect and equipment use which is more the science area of it. My skills as a DJ spinning music however, is more of and art rather than a science so I can't can't paint a picture of myself in this respect, that is best left to the listener and his/her opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/rudedog66

Channel Name: DJ RuDe Helps DJs

Please feel free to comment, subscribe and add me as a friend if you like.

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Mensajes Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 4:21 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I keep checking in each week or so, thanks for all of your time! There is plenty of great information.

I had no idea publisher had a buisness card maker, I am going to make mine this week.

Mensajes Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 9:39 am
MS Office has hundreds of different biz card templates in Word, Publisher and Outlook.

Thanks for the comments! I will be releasing a couple more this week.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 8:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I look forward to it, thanks for all the time and effort!

Mensajes Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 5:13 pm
I subcribed to your YouTube channel. I've been a DJ for about 5 years in the PIttsburgh area, mostly running karaoke shows. I agree, I don't see much discussion about karaoke in here and there really needs to be more. I use PCDJ VJ which is based off VJ and have lots of ideas and suggestions on how these programs need to add better features for karaoke.

DJ Curt Cool

Mensajes Sat 22 Aug 09 @ 12:24 pm
Thanks Curt I appreciate the input.

Some time soon I hope, they will be creating a Karaoke and Music Video forum here on VDJ, separately I think. I have noticed a little more karaoke traffic lately and I sure do get a ton of PMs and comments on my YouTube channel about karaoke using VDJ.

I have done several video's on it and have helped numerous people with their problems so I think that once they implement the Karaoke forum they will find it to be a worthwhile effort.

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Mensajes Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 12:27 am
Here are some of the things I have seen from other programs that I would love to see:

remote songbook - networked workstations that customers can look and request songs - no more BINDERS that get destroyed every week!!!!! I have a bunch of rugged touchscreens that I have been dying to try out on my college students.

singers history - I should be able to keep singers information so I can pull it up another time

TRUE crash recovery - if there is a crash, you shouldn't have to reload your entire singer's rotations and all the songs they have requested to sing all over again.

Come on all you KJs!!!! Start asking to have the features you want included in VJ!!! I'm now starting to think about going back using separated programs again because I cant what I want in one program. I can't commit to buying a program that hasn't added any features for karaoke or even improved what was there

DJ Curt Cool

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:21 am
I get what you're saying and those features would be an added bonus if it were implemented. I still enjoy using VDJ over the other programs like Ots, PCDJ, Swift Elite and Siglos. I have them all and still choose VDJ. I'll put a word in about some of these features. If it's worthwhile it will get added or someone here will write a plug-in for it. If you were a full VDJ Pro user you might find it in the plugins section.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:27 pm
OK but I have a question. In the past I used Winamp for my Karaoke and I loved it. Very easy to navigate. When I moved down here to Delaware, I see other KJ's use VDJ. I am always up for trying new things (systems in this case). ANYHOW.. Question being, which VDJ would suit me? I just want something that is easy to run. I have about 50,000 Karaoke songs and about 100,000 regular songs. I would appreciate any and all feed back. You can also e-mail directly if you like. Im just looking at newer things.

Mensajes Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 6:28 pm
The full version of Virtual DJ Professional. This version is the one you will need to run karaoke and music video. I have done a few videos on YouTube regarding karaoke & VDJ.

and

I have done more, just search through. There is a series on ripping CDGs to your drive for playing in VDJ etc, but it sounds like you've got them on your drive already :)

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Mensajes Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:07 pm
I'm prepping a new karaoke tutorial, I should be finished with it after the holiday (Labor Day U.S.) plus I'm on vacation this week so It may be a bit delayed.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 1:41 pm
Hi Rude Dj I am trying to setup karoke on my VDJ laptop. I have watched your how to's and I am using audio grabber then using mp3+g toolz to zip and rename. However my VDJ does not see the zip files in the directory I put them in. I have also tried not ziping them and vlc media player plays them with the screen promps like vdj is susposed to but I am unable to open any of my ripped cd+g songs within VDJ.

Any help would be great Thanks
Jeremy

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 5:09 pm
Just to let you know If I extract the mp3 file from the zip and move it to a different directory vdj still cant read just the mp3 file but if I rename the file name to something different then vdj will play the mp3. Just no video. I have ripped several cd+g disk that I own personally in the manner I described above in the pervious post. So I went through that effort I thought I would keep trouble shooting and i installed vdj 5.2 on a different computer and BOOM all the files play!!!!! However I like to keep with the newest software for my normal Dj gig's. So I would like to find out why VDJ 6 lastest version will not play these cd+g zip files.

Rip with audiograbber and use the iis mpeg layer III professional encoder @ 320kbps
MP3+G toolz to zip up then rename files using the kjpro.com disk database.
Win XP SP3
dual core pc with 2mb ram
M-Audio Exponent Dj controler

Mensajes Tue 06 Oct 09 @ 10:32 pm
Many other people have had this same issue. There is no real answer to why this happens, that's why I always suggest to use the exact software that I use because it is tried and true and works without issue.

I wish I could give you an easier solution but there isn't one.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 2:01 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi JayKline

One suggestion I can give concerning this is to open MP3+G Toolz program.
1. Click options, then on the top of the page, click Zip Compression.
2. Set it to 3 Or 4, and click OK.
3. Go to your Karaoke folder and convert all Zip to Audio+G
4. Then Convert all Audio+G to Zip.
5. Try it in VDJ, They should play now.

Good Luck

Joey...

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 12:02 pm
HEY DJ Rude,
I need to inform you of a much better quality method of EXTENDING your desktop. VDJ was not designed to have the "practice window" used as your output monitor. Resolution is WAY down low. PLus you're stretching it (that's even worse).

In your video you got to the part about the laptop automatically seeing the second monitor, that's true....once there, to get full quality video image for karaoke and video's, you need to goto the CONFIG tab, click on the VIDEO tab.
At the VIDEO OUTPUT dropdown box select your video card from the list.
Then click the "ACTIVATE" checkbox.

That's it, and that's how it was designed. The practice window is for your bedroom practicing only so you don't have to set up a monitor.wires.AC etc..... It is for instant gratification without the extra equpiment. This is particularly for your computer, after i heard you say you had a "gaming computer", that means you have a kickass separate video card. Your method is like going from HD down to VHS. Other than that....it's a great tutorial.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 8:09 am
In regards to zipping in MP3+GToolz.....
Set you compression to "0 Compression".
Songs are already compressed in mp3 format......all you need is the two files, "Mp3 and cdg" to be cocooned together.

Mensajes Mon 16 Nov 09 @ 9:29 am
iKARAOKE wrote :
HEY DJ Rude,
I need to inform you of a much better quality method of EXTENDING your desktop. VDJ was not designed to have the "practice window" used as your output monitor. Resolution is WAY down low. PLus you're stretching it (that's even worse).

In your video you got to the part about the laptop automatically seeing the second monitor, that's true....once there, to get full quality video image for karaoke and video's, you need to goto the CONFIG tab, click on the VIDEO tab.
At the VIDEO OUTPUT dropdown box select your video card from the list.
Then click the "ACTIVATE" checkbox.

That's it, and that's how it was designed. The practice window is for your bedroom practicing only so you don't have to set up a monitor.wires.AC etc..... It is for instant gratification without the extra equpiment. This is particularly for your computer, after i heard you say you had a "gaming computer", that means you have a kickass separate video card. Your method is like going from HD down to VHS. Other than that....it's a great tutorial.

LOL!!! Thanks dude but do you know how many people have PMed or sent me a message regarding the exact same thing you are telling me? I already knew this, I even mentioned in the video that I was going to do it that way for the purpose of the video. Later I did "Advanced Techniques in Karaoke with VDJ" where I get into the finer details of setting up video monitors. These vids are for noobs just learning not advanced people like yourself and I.

As for the compression settings, I leave it the way it is, it works. There are too many guys here that can't make their .zip files work and my way is a sure fire method.

DJ RuDe

Mensajes Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 12:15 pm
iKaraoke, thanks for the above post about setting up the video output.

I have rarely used VDJ as I'm a SSL/VSL avid user for my .mp3s and .mp4s. I'd like to start using VDJ for Karaoke however.

I've been using PCDJ Karaoki these past couple of weeks as the programs packs a nice punch with features I've yet to find in VDJ.

I posted up a previous thread asking for pointers in using/setting up VDJ for Karaoke as I'd like to use VDJ over PCDJ, but I don't know if there's enough KJ features within VDJ over the other programs offered.

Thanks again.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 8:33 pm
Bump!

Mensajes Sun 02 May 10 @ 1:12 pm
74%