Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: CBG 16

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Not too hard to understand why this would be a useful feature as dropping a song in on the CBG 4 but on the second bar of a line not the first you can easily hear the wrongness as the breaks and transitions from verse to chorus etc do not occur on teh same bar in both tracks. it surely cannot be hard to do and would allow much easyer visual recognition of the position of a song without having to zoom the veiw out and count the number of CBG 4's. Much more friendly i hope youll agree after all its easy to know when you should have droped in the other track one the drop has just gone but with a simple CBG 16 you would have known what bar was what and when to drop it in or not!

lol hope you understand and see how this would be a valuable addition to the allready good idea of CBG and CBG 4

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 2:20 am
get your point totally :)

maybe it could be a new feature

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 4:38 am
Maybe with 3 different cbg bars instead of two. A small one and a fat one like it is now and then the fat one two times as high as normal on each 16th beat?
I think this could be usefull, bot not all song have 16 beats blocks
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 10:54 pm
while that is true that songs dont allways have sections 16 beats each the vast majority of drum n bass dance music and most pop music is done in multiples of them, the only problem i can think of is a one bar break and things like that because that would stuff up the matching for the rest of the song.

Thing is i think the mapping engine needs a re-jigg anyway because with the current version if there is a rewind or a slowdown or an anything in a song that isnt constant you cant map it properly anyway! i just think that a more flexbible system needs to exist to allow this feature to be used to assist in mixing songs like james brown etc lol! I acutaly have play that funky music mapped out but it only stays true for the first 8 bars or so, enough for a good funky mix but if there was a way to map the end of the song in this way too it wuold allow people to use CBG to beat mix in the song after too

Mensajes Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 4:32 pm
damn james brown! and all music made live in studio and songs that have slowdowns or breaks! hehe

just kidding :)

but CBG (computed beat grid) is a helpfull tool that is based on CONSTANT beats...
Works great with most new music (most new music is made on a cumputer tracking program)

Does not work well with "older" or more live recorded music, or fancy songs with different tempos etc

But maybe it can be made as a new feature, meaning that you could modify the cbgs manually for different parts of the song... dont know :)

as of now, you have to beatmix such songs the "old" way... with ear, nudge and pitch... manually :)

or you can always mix otherwise, like backspinn, echo out, stop on beat etc

Mensajes Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 4:43 pm
lol i know thats the stuff i usualy do ether that or fade over with the bass out so you dont hear so much beat confilct. but yer would just be nice if we culd set the grid up just like it is now but perhaps in different sections so the end and start can be done acuratley forgetting about the middle, this after all is the only real time it matters to have it acurate. Obviously though to do looping and beat effects there would have to be a 'constantly-variable' option but id be chuffed with just the multi-section option thing!

Mensajes Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 3:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)