Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help with midi tweeking

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sandu8PRO (OEM)Member since 2009
Hi,

I have a Numark Total Control running with Virtual DJ 6. I am very new to midi and wanted to change the pitch adjustment. In the Virtual DJ 6 player it has the pitch as, for example 127.76. I want to be able to make very fine changes to the pitch and be able to increase it by .01 to lets say 127.77. Is there any way I can use a knob on my Numark Total Control instead of the pitch slider to change the BPM by .01. I can't seem to get Virtual DJ 6 to make such fine changes to the BPM.

I get bored of just hitting the sync button all the time and even with the sync button, sometimes the pitch is off by .01. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Alex

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:18 pm
Try mapping a knob to the following:

param_greater 0 ? pitch +0.01% : pitch -0.01%

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 7:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't think you'll get the resolution low enough for 0.01 BPM increments though will you?

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 8:00 pm
sandu8PRO (OEM)Member since 2009
Thanks jpboggis your method worked to 0.03 so now it goes from 127.03 to 127.06. is this a good as I will be able to get it?

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 3:52 am
Depending on your pitch range it might be possible to adjust by 0.01 - The smaller the pitch range (Set in CONFIG -> Options), the more accurate adjustments can be made (This also affects the pitch slider itself too.)

The precision of the pitch slider will depend on the hardware - Most basic MIDI controllers use a 7-bit CC for the pitch that only gives 128 unique steps. More advanced and/or expensive controllers use 14-bit and may have as many as 1024 steps, giving far greater precision for manual beat matching.

NOTE: Matching to the nearest 0.1 is usually sufficient for the song to stay in sync for the duration of a mix.

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 12:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)