Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: First time out. 1 problem.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Well had my first gig with virtual dj and my numark total. I usualy use serato, but i decided to go stand alone and use vdj. I Was clicking to load a track and it just froze up. I switch to my backup which was my cdjs. But i think it might have been the loactation that the file was in. But when it froze up i was in the middile of making anouncments so no harm. Has anyone have this problem yet?

Mensajes Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 5:24 pm
I am doing about 60 gigs a year now, for 40 years !

I have had record players, cd players, minidiscs, mixers and PA´s burning out on me, the show however allways went on.

DJing with PC now for 6 years, at first with PCDJ, and when I found out the new version was Atomix with a different skin. I moved to the real stuf . . . . VirtualDJ. (PCDJ crashed 1 time on me, VDJ never). My PC´s dont die on me . . . .

There are some things you have to do right.
- never use a laptop, they are no competition for a powerfullPC
- buy/build a PC from top brands hardware
- make it a powerfull PC, make sure you go way over the minimum specs
- use this PC only for your gigs, nothing else (NO INTERNET)
- use professional soundcard, not USB
- make sure you know everything about your DJprogramm, find out what all options do ! Get your settings right.
- during the gig, do not insert CD´s, memory sticks or external drives.
- don´t use external drives.
- install a maintenance program (system mechanic) and run it prior to every gig.
- only use it to play sound and video, no DMX, no laser etc

I am running VDJ 6.02 on a

Asrock MB M3A785GMH
AMD 4 x II955 AM3 3200
2Gb DDR3 1333 memory
Asus EAH4670 1 Gb videocard
WD 500Gb Hdd for windowsXP pro
WD 2Tb Hdd for MP3 and mpeg clips
550 W powersupply 94/164 V

It runs smoothly, video like mp3. mixing, scratching and all VDJ options in use.
(videocam on audience, photo from earlier party in the slide show etc)

VDJ changed my life, made it easier . . .

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 5:09 pm
i dont believe in a word you said i have used towers laptops of all brands and even netbooks and as long as you are setup proper and you dont have any hdd errors you will be fine i have done 8 hour shows and had not so much as a hickup its just about your set up always use external hdd thats the only thing i would recomend and keep your files orgonized.

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 9:49 pm
Most definatly tino. Everything is always up too par. The club i went too had very limited equipemnt. I had my cdjs and virtual vinyal. It only locked up on my once. But the music kept playing. I will never bad mouth vdj. Love it, love the support and if mastered can be a very dangerous weapon in the club. This may just have been a 1 time thing. Justed wanted to share my mind.

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 09 @ 11:37 pm
dj_d_crayz wrote :
i dont believe in a word you said i have used towers laptops of all brands and even netbooks and as long as you are setup proper and you dont have any hdd errors you will be fine i have done 8 hour shows and had not so much as a hickup its just about your set up always use external hdd thats the only thing i would recomend and keep your files orgonized.

Laptops work fine for me. with my present one iIhad to get a USB Powered Hub for more USB usage but since have not had a problem from the laptop. Software problems yes, but not the laptop.

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 3:12 am
Sorry, but even the army and nasa uses laptops, I go to a DJ association and all those guys use those moster towers because reliability and can't even beatmach (Mix).
Laptop works great, (instead of a moster tower), keep and older laptop with the music loaded and some cds.
Look at my website, I have been djing for ever and I absolutely love my laptop with virtual dj. (Dj in front 40.000)
I agree with the user that says"Don't belive a work from that user"

Mensajes Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 5:54 pm
mauvelez wrote :
Laptop works great,

Some ppl are very lucky, you are one of them?

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 1:04 am
mauvelez wrote :
Sorry, but even the army and nasa uses laptops, "

Sheesh, get with it guy, NASA uses laptops for very well defined non-problematic programs for personal office use.

Remember, for the big stuff, they use gigantic PC's and main frames of sizes you can never imagine.

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 1:06 am
LOL... What's this? A Laptop VS. Tower PC battle thread?

Okay... I had laptops die on me, I had towers die on me, I had rackmounts die on me, e.t.c...

Also: I had CDJ's die on me, SL1210MKII die on me e.t.c...

The fact is that everything can or will die on you as long as you don't treat it right...

I am using PC's to Dj since 1998 when I could not afford two CDJ-500 as a student (My PC cost the same with ONE CDJ-500)
Guess what: Despite the fact that many equipment died in my hands nothing died during a gig! That's because I always knew my equipment. I always knew when it was working top notch, or when it had started to degrade... I never used degraded equipment during a live performance... If you pay attention on your gear and it's of professional quality it will usually warn you enough time before it actually dies.
I have used tower systems in the past, then I went to rackmount, and later on on laptops... I use a laptop to Dj since 2003. I have changed 3 laptops since then and I'm about to get my fourth laptop any time now. I always used external HDD's and I always used my laptops for several other things besides DJ-ing, something that for many users is considered to be "forbidden"
I always tweaked my systems according to my needs. I always knew the state of my PC's. Usually I didn't rely on some kind of software to tweak it for me. I manually tweaked everything, and that's why I usually knew the pros and the cons of my system(s).

I have used several apps to dj with. All of them were original software. Most of them never died on me during a live gig. And that's because I always tested my apps for several hours/days/weeks before I go live with them. And if one function of a given app was buggy, I never used it live...
I said it before on another thread, but consider your PC as your car: You need to tweak it to fit your needs, and afterwards you need to perform scheduled (and sometimes unscheduled) services on it. You wouldn't start a 1000 miles trip without checking your tires, would you?
Same rule goes for PC's...

Conclusion: If you pay attention on your system, tweak it and perform regular "services" on it, it doesn't matter if it's a laptop or tower or rackmount... It will NOT die all of a sudden!!!!

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 6:12 am
trewy10Home userMember since 2009
can anyone help me? i'm new to using laptop and numark to run a karaoke. have an external hard drive with files on yet it keeps freezing when searching and deleting browse bar? i have read about filter folders but cant work out how to create one...anyhelp would be appreciated. laptop is brand new all singing and dancing core pentium intel 3g 500 internal mem?
thanks

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 7:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)