Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Improvements for loop engine

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vladPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello everybody!

I've been using Virtual DJ quite a lot of time, and recently I've realised a feature I really miss.

The implementation of that feature would look like the possibility to add some kind of loop-back points. So when the playback reaches that point, it will automatically jump 4, 8 or 16 beats back - unitil you press a hotkey. There shoud be two hotkeys to "break" the current loop - for active and passive decks accordingly.

This simple feature would greatly improve the possibilities of pop- and radio-track remixing - they often start and end with vocals and no beats, and almost all of them have one or two good 16-beat cycles only 20-30 seconds before the end.

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 4:52 pm
Sup Vlad. Why couldn't you just do this manually? Is there a reason that you would want this automated? I guess that I really don't understand what your question is. I would think that if you were nearing the end of a song and it had a 16 or 32 beat cycle, then you would activate a 8, 16 or 32 beat loop(depending on the song). That's what I do. If you mean something else, then please explain it.

MS

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 6:49 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Vlad,

this feature is not implemented as you say, but if I'm correct, dj cel's "loop" plugin's should do exactly what you wish, probably even more :)

Try downloading and testing them: http://www.virtualdj.com/download.html

Regards

Mensajes Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 8:22 pm
vladPRO InfinityMember since 2003
CueLoop is a great plugin, but if it only could create a loop _without_ jumping to the cue point. Or just create a loop automatically when the song reaches the specified cue point...

This whould help when mixing short songs, where all the attention is dedicated to the next song to play.

Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 10:39 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact, "cue loop" goes to the cue n°(n° button) and automatically starts a loop (from the cue point)with the length specified below (one length for each cue).
"cue loop +" keep the loop on and enable you to decrease or increase the length. I like this feature very much.

Mensajes Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 1:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)