Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Display titles/artists on broadcast...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi. I posted a message last week asking for any assistance regarding a problem that I continue to experience. I've also sent two tickets into technical support but haven't heard anything back...so I thought it might not hurt to ask again in case the earlier post had scrolled too far down the board.

I'm using VDJ 6.0.2 on Windows XP broadcasting to a Shoutcast server. All ID3 tags are enabled in the config and connecting to the broadcast server and streaming the mix is fine. The only problem I still seem to be having is the lack of a display of song titles/artist metadata to listeners (whether they see this information on Winamp or via other means). I've pointed VDJ to several different instances of the lame_enc.dll encoder, including the version that came with the VDJ installation as well as the latest version of the lame_enc.dll encoder. Whenever I connect to the stream server, the only thing that is displayed is the last song that was playing on the stream. I know that sometimes the stream metadata info takes a song to update...but I've played for two hours without the info ever updating while I'm broadcasting.

I also have a licensed/registered copy of SAM which I use and it doesn't have any trouble broadcasting the song information...and I've tried pointing VDJ to the same instance of lame_enc.dll that SAM uses without any results. I'm not familiar using the lame.exe command line tool to add switches and wonder if there might be something within LAME that I need to change for this to work with VDJ. I have also uninstalled and re-installed VDJ from scratch several times hoping that it might solve the problem, but so far, without success.

Again, the stream and connecting to the server is fine...it just refuses to broadcast any of the ID3 tag data (and I'm sure all the files I play contain ID3 tag information).

Thanks very much in advance for any help/idea/suggestions that can be given!

Mensajes Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 7:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)