Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VCI-300 vs Echo AudioFire 4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Some in this forum have told me that the sound card quality from RMX is poor. And recently i was notified that the vci-100 and the vci-300 are already mapped and the sensitive plates are supported with the new version VDJ 6.02.,

So... im evaluating the vci-300, and i want to know if the sound card of this MIDI controller is as poor as the RMX... if the answer is yes... then i should buy a Audio Interface (Echo AudioFire 4) or a powered mixer (C3X) in order to improve the sound quality.

Thanks in advance for your advises.

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 6:40 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
There is nothing wrong with the sound card in the RMX. Is it top of the line? No. Is it bottom of the barrel? No. It is a decent quality mid-grade card. It can be set to 24 bit as well, via the RMX control panel. I own the VCI-300, as well as the RMX, and can tell you in a live environment the difference in quality is negligible.

So, do not allow anyone to take you off point when your looking to purchase a piece of hardware. They are often prejudiced by a personal agenda that might not benefit your ultimate goal.

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 10:37 pm
Thank you TearEmUp... Taking away the money thing and given your experience...

what would you choose? The RMX, the VCI-300 or the VCI-100 with the Echo Audiofire 4?

By the way, do you know if the vci-300, and the vci-100 runs with snow leopard? how your sensitive plates are working with VDJ V 6.0.2?

and been honest... i have understood that the vci-300 comes with a SW named ITCH-Serato? if i decide buy the vci-300, do you recommend buy and use the VDJ instead the other SW?

I made this question in order to ensure the best sound outcome to my Mackie HD1531 15IN 3-Way 1800W Powered Loudspeakers.

Sorry if i make basic questions but i'm evaluating everything before make my purchase...

by the way i own a mac pro with snow leopard

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 09 @ 11:48 pm
If I were on a budget, I would go with the RMX. If money was no object the VCI. Yea, the VCI does come with ITCH but, I use my VCI with VDJ. ITCH seems a bit under-developed for my tastes. The jogs/platters on the VCI are super nice. Being touch sensitive they are the winners in a side by side with the RMX.

Sorry, I can't comment on your MAC questions. I use both VISTA and XP for both controllers.

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 8:06 am
oks... but which vci do you recommend?... the vci-100 (500 USD)+ audio interface (like echo audiofire; 300USD) or the vci-300 (800 USD)? both, are around 800 USD

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 12:03 pm
The VCI100 does not have a built in sound card. The VCI300 does have a built in sound card. So, if you own a soundcard go with the VCI100. If you do not own a soundcard, get the VCI300.

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 1:03 pm
i didnt explain myself... sorry.... what i want to know is if the Echo Audio Fire 4 is a better sound card than the bult-in in VCI-300... if the answer is yes.. then i go for the vci-100 otherwise ill go with the vci-300 since is all in one ... again the price not a issue since will be the same for me 800 usd

and...just rest clarify to me if those vestax run with snow Leopard...

thks

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 4:47 pm
tearEMUp ... dont leave now... could u answer those question?.. the snow leopard thing its important to me since im running that OS... i don't want to regret...

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:47 pm
I'm sorry. I do not have any experience with the MAC version. Or, the other sound card you mention. If I were you I would ask this question in the MAC forums. See if you get a response there.

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 9:44 pm
thanks... then ill wait if someone in the mac forum answer...

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 10:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)