Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: PreSonus Firebox?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I stopped at guitar center tonight to pick up a new light and checked out a new soundcard. The guy was trying to sell me on the PreSonus Firebox. He said its the best firewire card out there. I am either going to get that or the Edirol Fa-66. What does everyone think?

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 8:36 pm
I have been using the Firebox for about 6 months now when Numark couldn't provide drivers for needed for one of the interim max updates for the DJio. With Snow Leopard, the DJio started working again. I've switched back and forth and found that the Sound Quality and features of the Firebox is far superior to the DJio. It's not as simple though, you need to run two pieces of software the Fixbox Mixer and Firebox controller, and there is a learning curve.. but not too steep. I am fully on the firebox and am only keeping the DJio as a back up.

Hope this helps.

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 8:45 pm
so the firebox isnt just plug and play like the io?

Mensajes Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 9:02 pm
On the mac. the answer is pretty much yes. However, there are two pieces of software.. one of which is a mixer. the other is control piece that you should install first, if you want complete functionality of this card. I"m not sure if you have to have the mixer up in order to use the separate cue audio function. When I set up my system again tomorrow night, I'll test it with out the firebox software running and let you know.

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 10:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)