Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help with VDJ and Vestax VCI-300 audio

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I have Virtual DJ 6.02 all loaded and got the Vestax VCI-300 working with it but cannot get audio to work correctly what are the setting suppose to be to get audio in headphones?

2) When in Automix, when one song ends and the other begins I get a wierd noise everytime between tracks.

3) Can you scan all videos so you can get bpm and rename them if need be, if so how?

4) Are you able to change some midi controls to cater to how you want to use Virtual DJ? For example I don't use alot of Cue points so am I able to use those buttons to fire a Sound Effect or Visual Effect?

P.S. I was like a crackhead yesterday playing with Virtual DJ and Vestax, couldn't put it down. Finally went to bed at about 4 in the Morning!!! What a perfect combo of hardware/software.....

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 10:24 am
Try to update to 6.0.3 in your download center. Maybe some of youre probs are fixed.

Greets, Heiko

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 10:40 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I didn't see a fix for the Vestax headphone problem in the new Ver.6.3 list.

cstoll wrote: on Nov 5, 2009
Quote:
It is a limitation of the drivers published by Vestax trying to limit you into using ITCH ... we currently do not have a solution - yet - to this issue.

Sorry about the problem I know how important that is to you.

I went asking around and got good responce from people that own one, till I read the above responce from someone that asked that question before in a post.

I almost bought one.

Joey....

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 11:27 am
Shiatttt...... Didn't know that and have a party to do this weekend! While I appear to be screwed on the headphone front is there any other questions you guys can answer for me that I had.

Does the Numark NS7 have this problem?

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 12:02 pm
The problem is that for the VCI-300 & the NS7 there are no ASIO drivers by the manufacturer. So the only way is to use ASIO4All. Some things seems to make problems in that constellation.

Sorry, but i did not own one of these controllers so i can not test anything about it. I just had one of an other user for creating parts of the definition/mapper for v6.0 release.

Greetings, Heiko

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 12:06 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try these settings for the VCI-300.

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 12:20 pm
Any clue about the automix sound or more importantly how do I scan my files for BPM, I would also assume the files load faster since it doesn't have to learn the BPM.

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 1:53 pm

Enable the VCI mic as default mic in Windows :)

And it works ;)

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 1:57 pm
dom1410 wrote :
Any clue about the automix sound or more importantly how do I scan my files for BPM, I would also assume the files load faster since it doesn't have to learn the BPM.

1) To scan files for BPM, right click folders, or group of files inside VirtualDJ, and choose "Scan for BPM"

2) The automix sound glitch you have, is most likely not related to VCI spesifically..
- Try lower the slider at the Performance tab settings
- Use OverClock on (or try if it makes it work better)
- Increase latency/buffer for the soundcard..

And if all fails, turn SafeMode on, at your performance tab

:)

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 2:01 pm
Hey dom1410

I see the heavy guns are helping you.+++

Is you're headphone working now?

Joey.....

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 2:59 pm
Haven't had a chance to try the headphones fix out yet (at work), but can't wait to get outta work to do so. Anyone wanna call me out of work sick so I can go play! ;)

Since I'm new at this and I see I have the attention of some senior users of VDJ, when updates come out should I erase previous version and re-install or write over the current program? What is the more likely way to have success with no glitches?

Thanks for all the help guys, I've been going back and forth on Serato or VDJ and am so happy I chose VDJ!!!

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:05 pm
Good to hear you may have it under control finally. *****

Good Luck

Joey...

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:18 pm
dom1410 wrote :

Since I'm new at this and I see I have the attention of some senior users of VDJ, when updates come out should I erase previous version and re-install or write over the current program? What is the more likely way to have success with no glitches?

Just install the new release version over the old ;)
No need to uninstall anything

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 3:23 pm
Damn, rushed home to try the suggested audio setup and didn't work says Error: Driver Error-Not Enough Drivers

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 7:48 pm

means your current soundcard setting in VDJ is not logic ;)
Just make a logic soundcard setting, and all is fine :)

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 7:55 pm
Hey dj-in-norway

Still on the prowl.. you're the best

Joey...

Mensajes Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 9:19 pm
Got to work yesterday without logic. In ASIO4ALL I think it was trying to push sound for Lappy sound and VCI/Headphones. Just clicked clicked on VCI in ASIO and works.

DJ Norway, just in case I hook up to speakers and sounds like crap though, what is this logic that I have to setup and where?

Mensajes Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 9:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)