Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: My first Blue Screen with VDJ6

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Well, I don;t have a crash log because last night I got a dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when I wasn't even playing anything. I was all set for the first track of the night. It was a sports awards night. I had done my set-up, done my sound check, tested all audio sources (including tested a track in both decks and left VDJ alone for an hour or so with slideshow running.

While the awards were being handed out I dragged the track that had been requested as the first track (not a new file - a safe, scanned, checked file) into deck A and instantly got a blue screen.

I didn't have time to read it as I needed to get back up and running but it was doing some sort of a screen dump or something.

I had to hold down my power button to get the laptop to turn off and restarted it. In the meantime I found the track on a Cd (just in case we got to that point before my laptop was ready).

Got the laptop restarted, loaded VDJ (version 6 by the way), got the slideshow running in the BG (just a few photos of the team - nothing big and no heavy files) and just kept dragging tracks into A and B... everything was fine.

I got going and the next 3 and a half hours were absolutely fine. But, because it's the second problems I've had in 2 weeks, I've become very paranoid that VDJ is going to crash on me...

Has ANYONE got ANY suggestions what I should try?
I could strike up my laptop right now and play for hours and hours and hours without issues (so I know my laptop is certainly up to the job - I use it week after week and until recently had no probs), but then get one issue in the middle (or start of) a paid gig and it is (can be) very awkward and embarrassing.

Although I love VDJ6 I can honestly say that with my previous software of choice I never had a single issue (but that software didn't do music videos which is why I bought VDJ6).

Amy suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Martin

Mensajes Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 2:34 am
I just noticed the title says "My First BSOD with BDJ6". Obviously I meant "VDJ6". Typo. If I could have edited it I would have.
Sorry.

Mensajes Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 2:40 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
starflydisco wrote :
If I could have edited it I would have.

We can, and I did ;-)

Mensajes Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 4:28 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Blue screen = drivers crash

According to your comments, I guess your video drivers.

Mensajes Sun 22 Nov 09 @ 11:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)