Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Headphones

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

awardenPRO (legacy)Member since 2009
I hate to sound slow but could someone PLEASE help me walk through how to set up headphones. I'm only using my internal soundcard-no external mixer, speakers etc. I have a simple pair of headphones that work on my laptop & just need to be able to mix/preview/cue like I should. Please help!

Mensajes Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 2:48 pm
you either need to get another sound card (for the headphone) or get a 3.5mm splitter cable and use the mono-separated mode in VDJ.

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 9:16 am
Ok, so now I'm really feeling slow, but if I'm using a laptop, another sound card would obviously be external. Is this a simple purchase, & where might one find such a device? Any suggestions on good brands?

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 11:02 am
daithiHome userMember since 2010
No worries about asking what you may think was a silly question! I am having exactly the same issue and am looking forward to the feedback to come! Fair play for asking - thats what makes the forums helpful! regards from germany!

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
In Order to use the headphone previewing mode with Virtual DJ, your soundcard need to be multi-channel ( 4.1 or 5.1 for example) and have the appropriate connections: 1 stereo output for the main mix and 1 stereo output for monitoring.

Since you are using a laptop, the soundcard will indeed need to be an external one (connected with USB or Firewire)

Here are a few examples of what is available.:

http://www.djstore.com/group/soundcards.htm

The Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ Soundcard is one simle example that is recommended

Once your soundcard is installed, Launch Virtual DJ, then go to the Sound Setup, and configure as follow:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: (Your soundcard name)

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 7:33 am
Thank you SO much for the input. Ok, so I went out, purchased the A2 soundcard & have it installed correctly. I've been playing w/ the setting & have set it to the specs above. The issue I'm now still having is on the "outputs" & the "soundcard". Still unable to configure it to where the preview comes through on the headphones & the sound on the speakers is what is currently playing (like a normal mixing board). I know this can't be that difficult. Any suggestions??? I've gone back & forth on the drop downs on the outputs & soundcards.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 5:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)