Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Sony Vaio Issues -- Please Help

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I have 4 computers.

1) Compact
2) I-Mac
3) Aser Netbook

(Excuse my spelling ... Eagles/Cowboys game is about to start, and I already had some tequila)

PLUG IN THE HERCULES .. EVERYTHING INSTALLS PROPERLY.

4) Sony Vaio

PLUG IN THE HERCULES, AND IT JUST BLINKS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

All the lights. Just blinking.

So I installed the newest drivers off the hercules website. It installed, but than the icon in the lower left had that red X through the middle. When I went to update, it said I already had the current/newest version. So I don't think it's the hercules. I think it's the Sony Vaio. Has anyone else had this problem with the Sony Vaio??? Or any Sony Vaio??? This thing (the Sony Vaio) is amazing, and I got like 100 gigs of music right on it, and Virtual DJ runs flawlessly, but it won't seem to recognize the hercules rmx, but the other 3 computers, one of which has windows 7, and one of which has snow leppard, both recognize.

I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 2:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
What operating system is this?

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 3:37 pm
A friend of mind had a Sony VAIO before me. He bought the Numark 200USB mixer that has two sound cards/two usb ports. The strangest thing about that was that the VAIO would not output to 2 sound cards unless he connected the USB cables into specific ports repeatedly. So we had to map out the 3 USB ports on his machine and keep plugging and unplugging until we got both sound cards to show up and play.

What shows up when you go into Device Manager under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers? Does the RMX show up? What happens if you move USB ports? Have you tried all 3?

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 9:27 pm
Windows 7.

I'm just confused as to why the computer can't read it.

When I install it, it gets through the part why I have to plug in the Hercules, so it's reading it, but it still keeps blinking.

Now it says that the driver is older than expected. I went to updates, and it said I have the newest version.

Opening device manger now.

Has a yellow triangle with exclamation point. So confused.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:21 pm
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

This is what it says in the device driver. It still keeps blinking.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:24 pm
Found this online .. can anyone explain this to me.

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Recommended resolutions

Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem.

Update the driver

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

View the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
943104 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/ ) Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:38 pm
But I already have the latest driver. Now I'm really confused.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 6:39 pm
Try this;
goto device manager and find the device that had the exclamation. right click and uninstall. Now unplug the RMX and reboot. Plug in everything usb that you need plugged in for a gig but leave the RMX till last. Then plug in the RMX and watch for it to either install correctly or not and check in device manager. If that doesn't work goto Hercules site and download the drivers and put them into a folder on your desktop and goto device manager and re-install the drivers but tell it you have the drivers and point it to the folder on your desktop.

If that doesn't work try Chad's thoughts and move your usb plugs around in an orderly fashion and re-install each time till you get it to stick and always use the same port. Plus you might invest in a good USB hub so it will have a fresh supply of power. My Dell Studio XPS does not have enough power in the USB circuit to power the RMX and my VGA to Video scan converter. I noticed one day if I unplugged my power supply, I got all kinds of crackling noises from the RMX. Plus I can't use the same scan converter in my 2005 Mac Powerbook because of low voltage.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 9:51 pm
Another thought might be to go into User Account Control if you have it off... turn it on temporarily. Uninstall the driver. Reinstinall the driver per the instructions from the manufacturer. It could be a crazy permissions thing perhaps.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 9:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)