Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Gain control with timecodes

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Switching from a midi to timecodes so im a bit confused, when using my midi, if a song was low quality virtual dj would automaticly turn up the gain, but if i switch to timecodes with amixer i know virtual dj cannot control the gain on my mixer but would it still turn up the song quality when i load it to the timecode decks?

still deciding if i should buy virtual dj or just using cds.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 12:00 am
Hi!

First of all. When you´re talking about "gain" you are not talking about quality. When your track has low quality Virtual Dj can not improve the qualiity. When you´re talking about gain you are talking about "loudness".

So if you´re going to use Timecode Vinyl with mixer and a dedicated soundcard Virtual Dj will still adjust the gain for the track you´re loading on either deck 1 or deck 2. You just have to do setting in the config tab. It´s the same behaviour as if you would be using midi. The track is loaded within Virtual Dj (timecode and midi) and so the gain adjustment is done by Virtual Dj if you did the settings in the config tab.

Hope this helps.
Best regards
Marcel

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 12:51 am
okay and i dont know if you can help me with this here but ill just ask it anyways.

when burning a timecode cd it is 12 minutes in length, what happens if i have a pre recorded mix or a song thats longer than that? does it automaticly stop playing? and everytime i load a song on a deck will it reset the timecodes to 0?

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 1:10 am
question one:

probably yes.. but i seen things where they can extend the timecode to like half an hour.. they use like some audio editing software..

question two: if you press stop on your cd players it will put it back to 0. but if you keep the timecode playing on ur cd players and put another song on it.. it will just play since you never stopped ur cd players yet

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:19 pm
thank you so much, im waiting for my new stuff to come in the mail, in the meantime im going to be looking for a program to extend the length of the timecodes and hopefully become a part of virtual dj.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 2:52 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Makashino wrote :
question one:

probably yes.. but i seen things where they can extend the timecode to like half an hour.. they use like some audio editing software..

I have 1 track on my cd 70 minutes long (continuous) that I made with Audacity. You get full control of the timecodes all the time from start to finish, no more 12 second or what ever it is........ that you loose timecode control at the end of the regular track.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 3:41 pm
@djpr1

Yea I think I have an idea too! You just take the signal, put it in audacity, and then 'extending' it by copying and pasting the sound over and over again, until you get like an hour of timecode sound!!

If I was going the CD player route that will be a SICK idea

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 4:53 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
It took a little bit of editing other than just copy and paste but yeah it's awesome.

Anybody wants a copy let me know, I uploaded to rapidshare (about 100mb file) but it has limited downloads, like 10 I think. So anybody on cd's that really is going to use it i will hook you up.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 5:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)