Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DN HC-4500 sound issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My Denon DN HC 4500 is giving me problems and I think I've tried everything. I ran the DPC LATENCY CHECKER, disabled just about everything and now it runs primarily in the low green. I checked the vista page on how to tweak the laptop for realtime audio use. I have the latest version of VDJ (6.0.5) as well as the latest ASIO drivers (101 I believe) and the latest firmware for the 4500 (1006). My Laptop stats are:

HP Pavillion dv7-1204us
AMD Turion X2 Dual-core (2.1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache)
4 Gigs RAM
Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1
ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics with shared graphics memory

Here's the problem...I posted in the Hardware section that it locked up on me...well it happened twice in two days. Sound card still worked but the interface was completely unresponsive. I even tried the "scratch method" of unlocking it and it didn't work.

But...

The REAL problem I am having is this. I am having a popping/crackling noise when I am trying to mix songs together. Playing either deck individually is no problem, but when I try to beatmix...problems. when the noise happens the latency checker shows nothing. But I've noticed the CPU meter on VDJ when I play 1 deck is where it should be, but when I try to mix it gets jumpy and then the noise issuse are soon to follow. There are no problems when the unit is not connected, so as you can imagine this is a fustrating problem for me as I'm spinning in clubs up to 5 times a week. Any ideas as to what I've missed?

Mensajes Mon 11 Jan 10 @ 1:23 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Go to performance settings and use FASTEST (slider all to the left) and check if you still got issues. Try with overclock uncheck and safe mode checked. Probe those checking and unckeing to see this could improve.

Also check your Windows ENERGY settings are set to ALWAYS ON or DESKTOP OR OFFICE USE.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:46 pm
acw dj,
Thanks for the help! I did slide the preset slider to fastest and both the cpu meter and noise issues seem to be resolved. I'm still testing so I'll reply again after I "battle test" it. Thanks again, I knew I missed something.

Mensajes Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 5:06 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Glad to hear it ;-) you'll be fine now.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 11:25 am
+++UPDATE+++

okay, I seem to have the noise issue resolved but the decks going unresponsive happened again last night. I was usuing the jog wheel to cue up a song and both decks went unresponsive. Had to reboot software to fix problem. Any ideas as to what may be happening?

Mensajes Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 7:44 am
Check power saving is disabled on all the USB ports, hubs etc. in device manager. Try a different USB cable.

Also, make sure the HC4500 is running SYS1006 firmware.

If you're using Asio (which you should be) try 11ms latency in the Denon Asio control panel. The slider described above only affects WDM audio, and if you're using that then it might explain the problems you're having.

Mensajes Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)