Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Manual Key Change

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We have timestretch that will maintain the tone of a note no matter what speed it is played.
We also can turn timestretch off and produce different tones depending on the pitch of the record.

That being said, wouldn't it be possible to do part of both at the same time? By that I mean, a slider/dial or whatever that would allow me to change the tone of a track without changing the speed of the record?

For example you have two songs that are in different keys but similiar tempos. Could we not tweak the timestretch inner workings to bring both songs in tune harmonically? I'm not suggesting that we add an "automatic key match" button as I'm sure that would be extrememely difficult, but rather a manual knob or slider so that I can adjust the key manually. It seems to me that the ability might already be inside VDJ's timestretch algorithym just waiting to get out.

I imagine the timestretch algorithym works by reading the pitch slider position, then adjusting the sound tone up or down the % of change from 0.0 pitch. If that is the case a simple slider that tells the timestretch "Hey, you are (-15 to 15%) above/below 0.0 pitch...make the appropriate sounds and don't pay attention to what the meddling pitch slider tells you." might be the ticket. Imagine...harmonically mixing ANY two songs in your library!

Mensajes Fri 13 May 05 @ 8:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bargler -

You are onto something, but I would contend that to be able to harmonically mix any song in your library you would need the 'pitch' and 'key' adjustments. We have the pitch and what you are fundementally asking for is a means to control the effectiveness of the TimeStretch algorithm by having a 'key' slider to work in conjunction with the pitch control.

Now, I am not anywhere knowledgable in making what you are asking for do able in code, but I will agree with some time spent, the developers should be able to figure the means to make it happen.

cstoll

Mensajes Fri 13 May 05 @ 8:21 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Exactly!

The timestretch algorithym already has the ability to change tones of songs based on a variable (currently tied to the pitch slider position). It seems to me that it wouldn't be too much work to give the enduser a way to manipulate that very same variable.

1. Timestretch on (Pitch slider changes tempo and timestretch maintains 0.0 tone)
2. Timestretch off (Pitch slider changes tempo and timestretch does nothing)
3a. Timestretch set w/slider (Pitch slider changes tempo and timestretch maintains user set tone (+5%, -1.89%...whatever)
3b. Timestretch lock (Pitch slider changes tempo, timestretch does nothing until the "Timestretch Lock" button is pressed. When this happens the timestretch algorithym is activated and maintains the tone of the song at the time of the "Timestretch Lock" button press without regard to any pitch slider changes afterward)

Devs? Is this something that might be possible?

Mensajes Fri 13 May 05 @ 8:51 pm
This would help tremendously in karaoke. The key up down plugin kind of does this... I think

Mensajes Sat 14 May 05 @ 12:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think what you are asking for is the capability that the TASCAM CD-X1700 is capable of --
http://www.tascamcontractor.com/products/CD-X1700.html

Dev team take alook, this is a great new feature to have, especially for karaoke jocks and the harmonic mixing guru's.

cstoll

Mensajes Sat 14 May 05 @ 10:32 am
PCDJ The new version of RED which came out several years back Has Two Sliders Pitch (Speed) & Master Tempo (Key Control) they are side by side per player.
This setup worked weel BUT oposite extreme settings of pitch and tempo created some strange effects.
Something like this would be good in VDJ??

Mensajes Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:13 am
So basicly exactly what traktor does, mabey while there at it they can make timestetch actual usable like it is in that particular software

Mensajes Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)