Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: new laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi there i'm about to buy a new laptop could anybody give me a heads up as wether i should stay with vista os or buy one with windows 7 ? also this will be the fourth computer i have downloaded vdj onto 1,my main desktop at home 2,one laptop that has since crashed 3, my laptop at home which every bugger uses !!!!! i thought it would be nice to have one laptop for music purposes only and keep it away from viruses on the net, it states in the terms and conditions that you are only allowed to down to three computers ? will i get a nasty surprise from vdj if i download to a fourth ??

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 6:37 am
I can't say anything about either from experience, but from what I've heard others say. I've been hearing that Windows 7 is the way to go. However, I don't know about the support from VDJ on either. I'm haven't moved away from my trusty Windows XP yet. I downgrade all my computers to XP if they come installed with anything greater. One of these days I'll make the jump...but it won't be to Vista.

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 6:44 am
thanks for your input, any news about downloading to a fourth computer? should i un-install all the vdj files on my other laptop ?

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 6:50 am
Can't really answer your questions about the 4th computer...not sure how many legitimate copies VDJ allows you to run. I would suggest 1 license per computer for legality sake, but I'd say as long as your run them independently (not simultaneously) then you should be okay. You just run the risk of it "appearing" that you gave your license to someone else and VDJ picking up that you are running two copies simultaneously, they could ban/flag your legitimate license as pirated. But I don't work for VDJ and I really don't know the correct answer. Just my suggestion.

Also on your previous question, on reading in the "Experience User Forum" (which you don't have access to yet), there has been some discussion about Windows 7 64-bit. Many users are using it and experience no major problems, but from what I've read, there is no added benefit yet (might be even worse, do to some conversion), since VDJ is only a 32-bit program. When VDJ goes 64-bit, then the benefit could be considerable. I'd still stay away from Vista though :)

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 7:39 am
thanks for your help,i have been running vdj on vista for about 2 years no probs, i dont know much about computers but they all seem to come with windows 7 these days should i uninstall it then load xp or something ????

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 8:14 am
Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on this subject will chime in... In my opinion, I would downgrade to XP, keeping the Windows 7 disk close by until 64-bit is supported. Now if the Windows 7 is 32-bit...that's your call. I just know that Windows 7 and Vista are more resource intensive Operating Systems and I'd rather have more resources (RAM) dedicated to running VDJ, than committing a big chunk to making the OS look pretty.

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 9:45 am
The End User License Agreement (EULA) allows you to have the software installed on up to two computers at any one time, providing that they are both for your own personal use and will not be used simultaneously (E.g: Second installation as a backup or for practising at home is OK, allowing a friend or another DJ to use it is NOT allowed.)

You may also uninstall the software from an old computer and then install it onto a new computer.

NOTE: If you intend to sell, give away or dispose of an old computer, you must remove VirtualDJ from it first.

You can download the install file for the software again (If needed) from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Mensajes Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 12:30 pm
thanks for the info, i paid a lot of money for vdj there is no way i'm sharing it they can go buy it themselves !!!!! i would rate it 100 % and the back up on the forums is top notch cheers

Mensajes Sat 30 Jan 10 @ 4:32 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)