Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Help me with my Virtual Vinyl Time code

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
OK, so I just upgraded from VV 5 to VV6. Seems like it's got some cool new features, but I'm having some serious issues with the Timecode. I was using the VV4 Timecode. Numark told me to upgrade to the pro graded version 5 timecode. Which I did...it didn't help at all. I knew that was going to be the case. In VV5, I always used the auto config button in the timecode settings dialog box, now...there is no auto config button! What the heck is up with that? Now I'm having some issues with my timecode settings. The sound is a little jittery. I attached a copy of setting from the debug screen or whatever. Any kind of help would be great. Here's what I'm running on:

HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop PC. Windows Vista 32 bit. USB 2. Trust me, this used to work fine with VV5

I use Numark HDXs to play my timecode.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but the sound is off and you can tell by the waveforms that somethings a little wrong. Let me know what you guys think. THanks.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 3:44 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That waveform looks good and clear. Check that you have the correct type of vinyl selected (Virtual Vinyl Vinyl). Try increasing the gain so that the circle is bigger than the green square, but not going outside the box (not clipping). Try closing VDJ, unplugging the VV card then plugging it into another USB port and reloading VDJ. If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of the main timecode page.

Mensajes Wed 10 Feb 10 @ 5:11 am
djrcon1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Well, thanks for the tip. That did help with one of the problems I had with the timecode, which was some chaotic lack of control over the music while my turntable was paused or stopped. However, I still found problems with my signal being slightly jittery and causing the playback of the music to slightly shift pitch up and down kind of randomly. It seemed like my timecode signal was kind of jittery, and I think that is what was causing the problem. I reverted back to VV 5, and now the problem is gone. I'm certain there are some bugs with 6 that are unresolved. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems with the timecode?

Mensajes Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 11:52 am
Just like the other guy said you signal looks great!! I'm using 6.0.5 and my settings from your pic look the same. I'm not sure if your using CD's or turntables but if its turntables sometimes my sound acts like you described and its just a dust bunny (I know sounds stupid) but I just clean my needle and its fine. Hope this helps somewhat.

Mensajes Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 10:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)