Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Splitting audio output

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I have just dug my ION iCUE from my wardrobe and started mixing again, just having a problem splitting the audio so I can hear one turntable through my headphones and hear the master volume through my speakers. I have a headphone splitter and my speakers go into one jack and my headphones into the other.

In the vdj interface it has an option which is Outputs: headphones, which has a picture of the dj wired to an amp and a headphone. I have this selected, and then the sound card option I have as Mono Seperated. This hasn't split it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 13 Feb 10 @ 5:15 am
Sorry I should note that I am using Numark Cue Le not Virtual DJ, but it is the same program essentially?

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 13 Feb 10 @ 5:18 am
The problem is with the type of splitter you are using.

A regular Y-type stereo splitter will not work as it sends Left & Right channels to both outputs.

The best method is to use a 3.5mm stereo to RCA Left & Right cable. This allows you to send your main mono signal to one channel of your mixing board... send the cue mono signal to another mixer channel that you can monitor through the headphones.

If you're the adventurous type, you can rewire your Y-type splitter.

Mensajes Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 2:25 am
Ok I will give this a try, thanks.

For re-wiring the y type splitter would that mean just taking out the left wire in the right chan and the right wire in the left chan?

Assuming it is split Left & Right in both channels?

Chris

Mensajes Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 11:48 am
The best option will be to add a second audio card, I use an external one (Turtle beach).
One for the espeakers and one for the headphones.

Mensajes Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 8:58 am
I bought a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2x RCA phono sockets (red&white) but when I plug speakers/headphones into it and the 3.5mm into my computer it doesnt carry any sound.

Mensajes Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 5:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)