Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: mixing set-up

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

what kind of set-up do u recomend i sould get. i've read the forums and got alot of options. let me tell u what i whant to do. i don't scratch!!!. i only mix club progressive house and trance. i have a huge database of mp3's so thats what i want to mix . i dont have the time or the money to go and buy cd's or vinyls. what do u think that i should get. thanx in advance

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 3:39 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
first of all a full version of vdj =)
then you can buy controlers. as you said you don't want to buy TC vinyls, so you have a few hardware controlers. if you are just in start of djing, try with hercules dj console. or you can wait to new behringer console. if you don't need to scratch, you can buy DAC, otherwise bux XP10.
i have xp10 and hercules console. look at my blog.

Dj Nikki

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 3:58 pm
well i've been mixing for quite some time now. for about a year. almost every day. and i have to say i would much rather a mixer like a numark or whatever. i dont mind tweaking with the mouse. in my opinion u have lots more precision that winding those jogg wheels. but thanx anyway. another question. is it worth seting up something like a tccd to control mp3s? (just for the sake of aparences?). or do u find it to be a bit tedious to set up?

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 5:29 pm
if you want to look professional then purchase the full version....

MS

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 6:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
and get the
DAC-2 with either the ESI Gigaport AG USB Sound Card (only outputs)
- nice simple track controller for pitch, nudge, and other capabilities (not really a scratching device)
OR

XP-10s (audio channel built in)
- more professional grade control for doing scratching, built-in sound outputs and other capabilities
OR

for the TCCDs get the AudioTrak Maya44 USB (inputs and outptus)
- if you have your own CD decks and not want to invest the $$$$ in a seperate controller, then with a sound card that takes an input signal this is a solution with least investment.

cstoll

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 7:49 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First things first...

Buy the software, and then purchase a good quality mixer and use those for awhile. The mixer will free you from most of your mouse/keyboard work you are doing now. You might even find that you don't need a controller for your style of mixing, and at the very least working with the full software and a mixer will help you find your own style and make it much easier to determine which controller you would prefer (if any at all).

I own XP10's and I love them. It took me a long time to choose them, but now that I have them they are the perfect controller for me...plenty of buttons for all your loops and effects, plus a very nice touch sensitive platter for beatmatching and scratching if you need. I also find the sound quality of their built in soundcards to be exceptional.

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 8:08 pm
ZezkeHome userMember since 2005
Ehm, i'm still a noob and saving up for my equipment, but tcv and 2 turntables is cheaper or almost the same like 2 xp-10's

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 8:17 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TCV is better for scratching according to most (I've never used TCV), but you won't have the dozens of buttons on each deck to control the software like the XP10. With my Xp10 setups, I never touch the keyboard and rarely use the mouse.

I think it is really a matter of taste. CD decks, TCV, XP10...all have their advantages and disadvantages depending on your style and what you've gotten used to. For example, I can scratch better on my XP10's than I can on vinyl just because the XP10's are what I used to learn. For me, vinyl feels really strange now. =)

Mensajes Tue 17 May 05 @ 8:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)