Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 0'01% pitch range please!!! - Page: 4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think this thread is a good example of how the language barrier can complicate things, that's all :)

For the rest, it's 100% true that to get the best out of VDJ, you have to analyze your song, correct the analysis manually if needed using the anchors method, adjust the CBG correctly (i.e. tell vdj what's the first beat of a measure), and set your cue points.

Personally I even normalize all my tracks before VDJ sees them, and always save them in VDJ-compliant name format (Artist - Title).

It's a bit of time invested for each track, but extremely rewarding for your sets.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 10:43 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Djbambi,

you can save time renaming your files with a program called tag & rename. When using aac files ripped with itunes I have to because itunes names the files incorrectly, 2 clicks saves me hours of typing. Its worth the money just to have the rename functions. There are also some free tag editors such as mp3tagstudio, but none really compare to the power of tag and rename.

Mensajes Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:12 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thx Cyder,
I actually rip my tracks from my vinyl collection (will take many more months) and my newly bought CDs/vinyls using AudioGrabber, a freeware that lets you specify the file naming format.
But I'll keep your advice in mind if I ever start buying on-line.
Nicolas

ps: congrats on the new "Support Staff" status!

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 10:05 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
djbambi, this is of topic, but rip your tracks at high bitrate, its worth it.
I ripped a big part of my music recently at 256 or 320 "stereo" (no joint stereo and shit)
high quality setting. (lame encoder - audiograbber)
I can hear so much difference from my older 128 to 192 rips.

Dj Cyder, congrats.. you changed your nick name too...

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 11:08 am
acw_dj, what i dont understand is what u have against me, i mean, what have i dont to u?
I do listen to ur solutions but, ure talking about buying another equipment when i already have xp10.
Maybe i should use time coded solution but i think thats up to me.
i was just wondering if the software has that presicion itself without the help of a turntable or a cdplayer.

your another solutions its to analize every track and use sync or beatlock (are them the same??) when from the 1st post i said i wanted to mix manually when a song bpm its not well analized.

anyway, thanks for using ur time on my post. And dont get nervous man, this website its only about music... (well and video..;) lol)

Uff, i have many songs,,, 1 will i have to analize them? 2 will i wait to ur next vdj version to see it ur soft displays a secod digit after the , ? 3 or will i continue using bison wich has 2 digits after the , ???

Well yes i admit im confused but i need a solution and i dont like the 1st one i said neither love the 3d one jeje.

thanks to everyone
marco.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:21 pm
done* sorry.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:22 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Marco,

It's not against you. It's against disinformation. The TCCDs are burn by us (every DJ who want to use it) with a coded MP3 that VDJ provide. So, No other equipment is requiered, you only need to BUY VirtualDJ.

I read your petition and I think you want it. The TCCDs is your solution. I don't need to see 0.01% in my display (as you known), but if you do, I suggest a thing that works for you to solve your problem.

The XP10 works fine with VDJ. Your current CD-Players CAN also. The Trial version don’t will give the full power of VDJ, but the FULL VDJ is.

Peace, and good look!

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 4:57 pm
I forgot,
Marco, a sound card with ASIO is required in your computer if you plan to use TCVs or TCCDs. If you don't have one, buy Maya 44 (about $120).

(So this applies in "another equipment" you talk about?)

Best luck! (* not “look”, LUCK... djbambi we're so right... language barriers) ;-)

And Marco, It's up to you. VDJ it's great.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:26 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
But he has the XP10's already i don't see the point to change to Tc cd's...
Has not the XP10 a very precise (100mm, Alps) slider ?
(unlike the Hercules console for example)

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:36 pm
Apopsis, your right. It's better to use XP10 but Marco in the first place want to SEE the precision display by 0.01. And that's why I suggest the TCCDs, because if he is asking for that he already have it with it's current CD Decks, right?

We all Known VDJ is very accurate. I don't need (and I think many others also) to see the 0.01% in my display.

VDJ is more accurate (1/4096) and we do the job perfect.

But Marco let me see something. Maybe if it displays 0.01 some people are going to "FEEL" VDJ more accurate.

Mensajes Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 5:46 pm
You are right! when i use decks i dont have a diplay but i know that every single mm i move the pitch means something, with the pc, when i move xp10 slider, i dont feel i gain any bpm till i see the numbers moving, maybe thats worng, maybe the numbers do not move but ure really speeding up or down gently. i dont know.

i would rather to see it moving from the very little touch of the xp10 pitch slider.

ive started analizing my tracks and it works but it would be great to not have too, specially when u have a lot of songs.

anyway, thanks to everyone.

Mensajes Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 9:31 am
You don't have to analyse the songs one by one.

Simply select the folder in which your mp3's reside from the directory tree and right click it, then select 'analyse' from the drop down menu. All of the songs in the folder will be analysed. I may take 5-20 seconds per song. 2000 mp3's could take 5 or 6 hours.

Once you get the analysing done, it's easy to load the song as it loads instantly, being already analysed.

Manually set the BPM by clicking on the sample line at a place with a stronger beat. Then click on the BPM button at the top for the drop down menu to manually enter and save the bpm.

The algorithm does not always work out the beats and seems to get about 50% right. You'll find plenty of Hip Hop at 200bpm, but that's the same with Traktor DJ.

The only way is to go through your selection and at least do every song's bpm as you play it live.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:50 pm
I definitely agree with the needing of a range of 0,01%. Let me explain it in my poor english:
I'm using a Hercules MKII. Before VDJ 6.xx, this is, until the final version of 5.xx, you needed 3 or 4 "clicks" (1 click=the minimum spin you can make with that rotatory control) of the rotatory pitch to increase 0,1% the speed. That was the best! Now, with the VDJ 6.xx with 1 click of the control you increase 0,2%. That's NOT more precise. Whe need that old accuracy of the pitch of the version 5.xx, or I'll have to downgrade to 5.xx

Please, I think it's really a problem and we need a solution. 0,2% as minimum is a big jump of the speed.

Thanks a lot

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 1:31 pm
If you are using an endless encoder knob in VirtualDJ v6 for the pitch, try mapping it as follows:

param_greater 0 ? pitch +0.01% : pitch -0.01%

If you are using a slider or a knob with min/max positions, then pitch adjustment precision will depend on two things:

* The pitch range you are using - The wider, the less accurate it will be (E.g: 34% will allow less accurate adustment than 8%)

* The number of physical steps that the pitch slider or knob has. Most standard MIDI controllers only have 128 steps, which will give 0.19% adjustments at 12% pitch range and 0.09% at 6% pitch range.

Some controllers offer much greater pitch precision - The Denon MIDI controllers such DN-HC4500 have 1024 steps. As does the Numark DMC-2 and Reloop DigitalJockey. PCDJ DAC-3 has 256 steps.

Mensajes Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 4:25 pm
jpboggis wrote :
If you are using an endless encoder knob in VirtualDJ v6 for the pitch, try mapping it as follows:

param_greater 0 ? pitch +0.01% : pitch -0.01%

If you are using a slider or a knob with min/max positions, then pitch adjustment precision will depend on two things:

* The pitch range you are using - The wider, the less accurate it will be (E.g: 34% will allow less accurate adustment than 8%)

* The number of physical steps that the pitch slider or knob has. Most standard MIDI controllers only have 128 steps, which will give 0.19% adjustments at 12% pitch range and 0.09% at 6% pitch range.

Some controllers offer much greater pitch precision - The Denon MIDI controllers such DN-HC4500 have 1024 steps. As does the Numark DMC-2 and Reloop DigitalJockey. PCDJ DAC-3 has 256 steps.

Thanx a lot!!! It works great, and I can freely choose the range.
Thanx again... :)

Mensajes Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 11:54 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)