Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: American Audio VMS4 Discussions - Page: 24

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

I know why my external sound isnt workin properly now! its because my control on my vms4 aren't mapped to the software. so i tried to map gain, trebel, mid, low, all four levels and crossfader to the vms4 my problem is that i map channel 2 fine but when i try to map channel 3 it also controls channel 2 so i did even try doin 1 &4 as i cant even get two channels mapped properly!!

HELP,LOL.

any1 allready done this?

Heres the new 4 deck pro skin for people who havnt allready got it thanks to dj dad:

American Audio VMS4 Decks Pro ver 2.0

Download Link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11940/American_Audio_VMS4_Pro.html

Mensajes Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 2:20 pm
Any1 know how 2 get M3u files to play on vdj?

Mensajes Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 7:28 pm
Mabe someone here can help me with the VMS4 I just bought.
I installed the VDJ LE and upgraded the firmware and everytime I go to open the LE ver I get the Microsft must shut this program down blah,blah.
I also have the pro ver and have even tried using it there.I go into config and set it to the vms icon for the sound card with the ADJ asio driver and it then closes the program.Microsoft window must close again!.
I then selected external mixer with single mono sound and adj asio and it plays but no left/right channel which I understand.All in all
I cant get this unit to work with its own asio driver.
I did have the DJIO using the total control before and it worked well.I really dont want to go back to it if I dont have to.
I would much appreciate any help.I have installed it and let it go to default in Programs/virtualdj folder it creates and have allso installed it out of desperation into the Numark Cue folder I have and it still wont work.
I have read through this whole thread and nothing about my issue here.

Any advice please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I installed the VDJ LE and it wont open. Windiow pops up and says Virtual dj has encountered a problem and must shut down,contact Microsoft ..and so on.Any Ideas why?..It takes the key ok..,my VMS4 wont activate in VVpro when I choose it in soundcard selections.
I choose external mixer
I choose VMS4 Icon as the sound card
Hit apply and.......
Then it abruptly ends with the infamous Virtual dj encountered an error and contact microsft.... and must shut down speech.

UPDATED FIRMWARE

Please help having exact same problems with my setup I too have soundcard and rmx sound drivers that I prefer not remove since i use them as well.
my lappy specs are:
lenovo 2.2 core duo
2gig ram
40 gb free

Mensajes Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:14 pm
Having problems with recording my mix with the VMS4, my headphone sound comes thru on my mix and can figure it out, what are the proper settings?
My config is currently this way

Mensajes Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 2:20 pm
D'DoctaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
After reading through all your posts, I'm happy I sent my VMS4 back for refund. Toooooo many birth defects to deal with.... I rather wait a little while, spend 300 bucks more, and hope to get what i expect from the Denon DN-MC6000 ...!!?? Plus, I don't have to modify my 19" rack to mount it and it will have build in echo effect for my karaoke sessions!

Mensajes Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 8:45 pm
laga02CUE userMember since 2007
Hello. I wanna know about 4in 4out Soundcard's American VMS4 for Virtual dj Timecode Vinyl (Turntable). Do it work?
i have 2 Vestax PDX2000 turntable and Virtual dj pro 7 and Macbook OSX 10.6.4(Snow) and American VMS4 (in the future). i want to know. Help me please. Sorry my english. I live in Thailand .thank you thank a lot.

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 11:24 am
Yes timecodes work. I have tried this with VDJ7, 2 SL1210's and Virtual Vinyl timecodes.

Roy

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:43 pm
laga02CUE userMember since 2007
GadgetMan wrote :
Yes timecodes work. I have tried this with VDJ7, 2 SL1210's and Virtual Vinyl timecodes.

Roy

Wow Amazing that so good
Thank you for your answer. Thank you Roy.
Cheer.

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 4:50 pm
Guys how do u set the vms4 2 play timecoded CDs? Do I need a separate interphase box? Like the virtual vinyl or will it just work straight through the vms4 soundcard.

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 5:48 pm
As long as you've got pro, just set the VMS4 to 4 Out, set channels 2 & 3 to USB and the VDJ config to TC inputs, outputs to external mixer and soundcard to ASIO.

Plug the CD players straight in to the VMS4 inouts for channels 2&3 on the back, configure the TC's and your done.

If you want to play audio from the CD, then just switch the relevanrt channel from USB to Analogue.

No additional soundcards required. VDJ & the VMS4 will do it natively.

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 6:17 pm
Wicked I'll have a go 2morrow, cheers mate

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 6:28 pm
So couldn't I have it set as 8 in 8 and my cdjs controlling channels 1&3 and have the vms4s 2 decks controlling decks 2&4?
That would be good if that was possible

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 6:44 pm
Can anybody give me any insight to the two issues iam having that i wrote above 4 posts earlier much appreciative

Mensajes Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 6:59 pm
is there any chance of getting echo on my mic throw vdj? & what is the item american audio was giving people 2 solve there bad sound quality when using the mic? as i need 2 get 1

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 6:03 am
spider1111 wrote :
is there any chance of getting echo on my mic throw vdj? & what is the item american audio was giving people 2 solve there bad sound quality when using the mic? as i need 2 get 1

can u get keyboard covers with the vdj shortcuts on the keys? i know there are the stickers available but i dont want 2 stick things on my keys

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 6:15 am
I don't know about any body else, but on my old toy (Numark Total Control), it was easy to scroll through the browser and select/load a song. How is this done on th VSM$?

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 12:51 pm
Shift+Effect Knob to scroll through folders. Press Effect Knob to select.

Shift+Sample knob to scroll through files. Press Sample Knob to load.

Might be the other way around - I'm doing this from memory ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 5:58 pm
Hey Roy,

What was your outcome with AA regarding your unit.

From reading other forums it seems they have not fixed the mic distortion or low voltage issues and are sitting on it rather than sending out mic converters and an uprated PSU. A few people are also mentioning dodgy pots and switches.

I'm sort of glad I returned my one given AA's total lack of a fix and the very poor build quality of the one I had, however the replacement Denon MC-6000 due in December is £279.00 more!

Keith

Mensajes Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 3:10 pm
when is the VirtualDJ iRemote for your iPhone/iPad gonna be available? .

Mensajes Wed 10 Nov 10 @ 4:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In case you need to assign the Ch A & Ch B Crossfader Assign Selectors in VMS4...

If you have in the Sound Setup..
deck 1 Output 3&4
deck 2 Output 5&6
deck 3 Output 1&2
deck 4 Output 7&8

then assign ..
L_FX_ASSIGN_1 .... deck 3 leftcross 'only'
L_FX_ASSIGN_2 ... deck 1 leftcross 'only'
L_FX_ASSIGN_3 .... deck 2 leftcross 'only'
L_FX_ASSIGN_4 ... deck 4 leftcross 'only'

R_FX_ASSIGN_1 .... deck 3 rightcross 'only'
R_FX_ASSIGN_2 ... deck 1 rightcross 'only'
R_FX_ASSIGN_3 .... deck 2 rightcross 'only'
R_FX_ASSIGN_4 ... deck 4 rightcross 'only'

With these assignments VDJ Software will not handle the crossfader assign, but chosing the cross assign from the VMS4, these selections will be viewable in all skins that have Channel Assign feature.

Note. To assign the above actions, i sugest to select the Midi Keys from the Drop Down List in the Mapper section (VDJ Config-Mapper). Dont use the MidiLearn, you might get confused.

Mensajes Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 6:07 pm
69%